Manners Maketh Man

by LouBelle 15 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Katie- what age kids do you teach?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

11 to 18

Theyve all got faces like slapped arses, and that designer bored look (im too cool to be sat here listening to this old bag). I just laugh at em.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

whenever i hold a door open for a female..(was going to say lady there but most arent)..and they walk through and say nothing..i always say..dont mention it..oh thats right you didnt

• delilah
    delilah

LMAO @ TIJKMO....my husband gets really annoyed when he is courteous, and he's not even given a nod of appreciation, in return. Society, it seems, has gone to the dogs...not all, but some. I attended a party over the weekend, and there were all age groups present. There was a certain 3 year old, who liked the sprinkles on the cake, so she took to picking them off, one by one, from each piece of the cake where she could reach. Absolutely everyone, wanted to say something, but the mother just stood and watched her do it, and only once said, "oh sweetie, you really shouldn't do that", but did not make her stop. Then there was another couple, whose 1 year old proceeded to throw herself down and scream, at the top of her lungs because she was tired and needed to go home, and again, they said nothing, just picked her up and hugged her. I was really surprised, as I remember my mom used to tell my siblings and I, "I want people to like my kids, so if you act up, you will be disciplined." And that's how I raised my kids, mind you, it didn't always have to be a spanking, but they were not allowed to act like little monkeys and get away with it. I really think we are doing our kids a disservice when we allow them to get away with having no manners, and no respect for others. That's just my 2 cents worth,

Delilah ....I realize these were just small children, but we must train them from infancy...OMG!!! Now where have I heard that one????? YIKES....

• nilfun
    nilfun

Two favorite, fun books on the subject that really do help to reinforce good manners in children (and adults!LoL): Manners Can Be Fun, and How to Behave and Why -- both by Munro Leaf (of ...Ferdinand fame).

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Katiekitten - Amazing that you can stick it out - I've heard how the kids in britain can be extremely difficult to teach & the strain it takes on the teaches.

Good on ya!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit