Demonic possession in Bible times.....humm

by LyinEyes 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Thanks for the replies, I guess most of you are thinking like I am, that the WT, just basically doesnt want to go there. If they go one way or the other, there is just no real explanation as to why there were so many recorded possessions compared to today.

It would seem since " we are living in the last days and Satan is roving about , knowing he has only a short time" ( barf) that he would be possessing more people than in Jesus days. I dont know, I guess that is why I stay about from Bible topics most of the time, lol, there is so much that can not be explained and it irritates me.......errrrr!

• smiddy
    smiddy

This is a subject that has intrigued me for many years . I dont think any of the WT publications has ever suggested that anybody/somebody is possessed by the demons in any lands with the possible exception of third world countrys , indigenous , or superstitious tribes with little or no access to modern education . Publications I remember about demon possession always seemed to hinge around tribes in africa or south american isolated communitys or the like.

The time period I was involved in with the witnesses , 60`s--90`s they always had a medical explanation for "voices in the head " schizophrenia , tumors , blows to the head , or whatever but never demon possession , not in first world countrys anyway .

This original post was eight years ago I would love to hear current posters views on this topic.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit