JW nudists (aka What's wrong with this picture?)

by melmoth 18 Replies latest jw friends

• melmoth
    melmoth

Sorry if this has come up before but I'm new and it only just occurred to me.
    We all remember (or still see regularly, joe-help-you) those WT illustrations of people living happily in a paradise on earth, cavorting peacefully with the animals. Everyone is dressed like retired WASPs (no offense to retired WASPs intended).
    But really... why are they wearing anything at all?
    If paradise is to be a return to the original, sinless state of Adam & Eve, then surely there is no need for shame or clothes.
    So why don't the pics show happy, butt-nekkid JWs?

Can one of you active JWs bring this up with an elder for us? Try to keep a straight face when you do. Look genuinely puzzled.

I'm starting to wonder if this board isn't taking me on a trip too far down memory lane, if this is the kind of thing I'm starting to think about...

• kid-A
    kid-A

Melmoth,

I remember the old "paradise lost" book, you know, the pink one? I distinctly recall an illustration of a naked Adam and Eve, but there bits and pieces were covered with fig leaves or some other such natural censorship....nevertheless, I do recall that Eve had been drawn with a pretty hot bod!

• kazar
    kazar

Melmoth, I hope that someone can answer your question because I asked it years ago. I was told that even though the earth would be perfect it would still have cold seasons in parts of the world. (North America, therefore the necessity of clothing.) I knew it was a copout when I was told this.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

it would place the literature faster if all the people in the new system were drawn in the buff.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

not if you were a model

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sorry katie ..couldnt resist...you know if it were true i wouldnt say it

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I cant work out if theres an insult there or not - my ego is rejecting it like a bad liver!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

oh well if you cant work it out....it isnt

• Sith
    Sith

An earth full of eve-like naked women. I'm going to talk to the elders tomorrow. Time for reinstatement. Time for you ladies to hit the gym.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is a great deal in their concept of paradise that is unbiblical there is not going to be in food people will not need to eat they will have different bodies. The stomach will be done away with.

However for nudity what the dubs will say is that a naked body can produce unclean ideas in the present system so that's why they will not have them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit