My day at the assembly, er, convention

by Pistoff 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"Obedience in the congregation to the elders is the same as obedience to Jehovah personally"

Is this written as quotable text and / or is their audio of this available ?

I think would be appropriate that the Channel 9 journalists who have been doing stories on paedophilia in the jws recieve a copy - if it can be authenticated, it may be very useful to their next story.

Please send / post an appropriate link.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Classic mind control at its best...the light doesnt get any brighter...how can it when theres some much shite on the bulb!?

DB74 (of the 'you cant make shite shine' class)

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I particularly liked the video of this bit by Channel 9 journalists

JOURNALIST, GRAHAM DAVIS: The Sunday program isn't just the work of Satan, the devil lurks at every turn in the apocalyptic hyperbole of Viv Mouritz, the church's Australian head.

AUST. HEAD, VIV MOURITZ SPEAKING AT CONVENTION: If you decide you want to do some of your own thing - well - you can. Be careful - because this world is deceived. It's deceived by the devil.

NutBar +++

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Paduan, let me see if I can get the audio; I wanted to tape it but my voice recorder is old and clunky.
    That was the line, though; it shocked me it was so blatant, and it was in the discussion of the day's text.
    The link was direct:
    Obedience to the elders in the congregation is the same as obedience to Jehovah personally.

I will try to get audio.

P

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985
    And finally, the talk about obedience to the elders. The statement is again made outright, "the elders are appointed by Jehovah" even though when we really look we find the caveat that they are appointed by Jehovah "in that Jehovah and the holy spirit lay out the requirements for elders, and so they are appointed by HS."

I've always wondered about this...If the elders are chosen by HS and Jehovah already knows what we're gonna do waaaaaayyyyy before we do it...then why would the HS choose an elder that years down the line is gonna be df'd, da'd, or other un-elderly things that other elders don't find out about until it too late. So did the HS not see it or something....or is it a bunch of crapola?

• tdogg
    tdogg

But did they have cheese danishes? MMMMMM, the highlight of the assemby...

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

" "But did they have cheese danishes? MMMMMM, the highlight of the assemby... " they did away with food service a LOOOOOOOONG time ago. no more tasty physical or spirtual food anymore! just boring endless mind control droning

• Preston
    Preston

This is is the biggest load of horse pucky the side of the Pecos!

....GAWD I feel blessed that I can breathe a sigh of relief that I will....never...again...have to listen to the steady diet of mettings, meetings, meetings in the event of sitting in an uncomfortable chair in an un-adequaltely air-conditioned gulag...erm, I mean district convention. "But Brothers, please consider all the volunteers who devoted all their time an energy to setting up these chairs, and getting the stage ready, and practicing for the drama so we could run a profitable religion where we don't need to fund activities for the chillins, or weekend retreats, or what have you to demolish the notion that we disrespect art, diversity and beauty."

The Boredom is just too friggin intesifying for I think anyone to bear.

- Preston

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

<div>My pet peeve is the canned, unrealistic interviews. You can just picture the CO or DO writing them.
    <br></br>I was really irritated by the parade of 12 and 13 year olds who were on stage that were already baptized or going to be that day. CRIMINAL behavior, that is; the baptism talk was very SERIOUS about the commitment, as in DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING??
    <br></br><br></br>How do 12 year old children, not through puberty, know what they want to do with their life? How can they make an informed decision about the thinly veiled social contract that current baptism is?
    <br></br><br></br>I really was sickened by it.
    <br></br><br></br>BTW, um, slipped and accidentally pulled down one of those "TAKE ONE TOWEL ONLY PLEASE".
    <br></br><br></br>They have always irritated me.</div>

• tdogg
    tdogg
    they did away with food service a LOOOOOOOONG time ago.

WHAT! Well that settles it, Im not going to the convention this year for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit