Running Man's Book

by startingover 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• startingover
    startingover

I find it interesting now that quite a few chapters of Runningman's book are now posted that they are so avoided by the Christians on this board. At least it sure seems that way as few if any comments are made by them.

If there is a Christian apologists thread started, the athiests are usually there posting because they have a reasonable argument and can debate it. Apparently for the Christians there is no way to do that with Runningman's writings. I guess they have to just ignore it.

For a Christian who disagrees with what is said above, I would honestly like to know how you deal with those essays.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

You may want to bump this in a day or two's time for little toe to comment on, as he usually polices the athiest threads to make sure we're not doing too much christian bashing.

Right now however, I think that he's probably unconscious under a table somewhere at the UK aposto-get-together.

ig.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i've noticed that too. it's seems like us atheists don't have much of a life, as we're also usually the first ones to post on the christian threads long before any christians get there.

but, i don't think that they're afraid, per se. not that you said they were. but they probably just think it's a big atheist party, and don't want to rain on it. little do they know how much we all like the rain.

but seriously, i would like to see some apologetic challenge in those threads, or this one.

TS (of the feels like a hyena waiting in the shade for a fresh kill class) lol

p.s. - i wonder what the demographics of this board are? are there other ex-JW boards that have many more christians than here? how curious i have made myself!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

oh lookie,

three atheists already in this thread! LOL!

(i printed runningman's book off the other day. all 103 pages. now i can sit in the comfort of the shade and read it whilst waiting for a fresh kill. he he)

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Christians posting strong arguments on an atheist thread get the same result as an American posting anything favorable toward America on an America bashing thread. They are pummeled without mercy, in some of the most vulgar language, called bigots, racists, morons and idiots.

Why bother?

J

• startingover
    startingover

J

They are pummeled without mercy, in some of the most vulgar language, called bigots, racists, morons and idiots.

That's a pretty stong statement that I have to disagree with. You would have to show me where that happened.

What it usually comes down to is the "f" word - FAITH. But in the case of biblical stories where exact numbers are taken from the bible and then mathematical calculations are used to show that they could not have happened as recorded, I am curious how a Christian can play the faith card in these instances without being intellectually dishonest. TS: I knew I would see you on this thread. This line cracked me up:

TS (of the feels like a hyena waiting in the shade for a fresh kill class)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    the athiests are usually there posting because they have a reasonable argument and can debate it. Apparently for the Christians there is no way to do that with Runningman's writings.

You said it right there brother.

Amen

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    That's a pretty stong statement that I have to disagree with. You would have to show me where that happened.

Apparently, you failed to see my tongue which was planted firmly in my cheek.

J

*edited to add; good one Ritche...*

• startingover
    startingover

J

It's hard for me to keep everyone straight around here. Something told me after I clicked the button that from memory your comment seemed out of place for you, but I was rereading the thread where someone called "Faith" was crying all kinds of foul for being challenged about her beliefs and just about used the words you did to describe the way she thought she was being treated.

Sorry

edited to add: Hey Richie, thanks for adding those bold words to that statement, looks a lot better that way, maybe it will get some christians attention. I honestly would like some kind of an answer to my question but I don't think I'm going to get it.

One time I shared the numbers of the book chapter with a JW who talked to me. Now this person read everything I sent and commented or made some kind of rebuttal, but on that when pushed for a response, they just said that they were not interested in that kind of math stuff. Yeah right!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    someone called "Faith" was crying all kinds of foul for being challenged about her beliefs and just about used the words you did to describe the way she thought she was being treated.

LOL...Yeah, that's what I meant...

I can't prove my faith to you, so you are all mean...

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit