Top 9 reasons beards are bad.

by grissom 29 Replies latest jw friends

• kid-A
    kid-A

Gumby,

you have just described perfectly the mental image I have of grissom-baldi !!!

• Terry
    Terry

So, we have to have "reasons" for wearing a beard OTHER THAN personal preference???

This is not an indication of individuality; but, of intellectual diffidence.

What a person does with their body can range from one set of extremes to another. Ubangi tribesman distort their upper lip with discs and at one time Japanese women had to bind their feet to keep them tiny. Women once wore extremely binding corsets made of whalebone to cinch their waist into an hourglass figure. Fainting was not uncommon. In Germany, duellists were known to deliberately allow facial scars to exhibit an air of masculine imperviousness.

But, good God, allowing the natural growth of facial hair is not an extreme unless you never trim it or develop a Salvador Dali style moustache.

Hair is natural. Choosing to allow its growth is natural and unremarkable.

But, what is most unnatural is holding one's finger up to the wind to determine how politically correct it is considered to make a personal choice that harms no one.

The striking level of immaturity exhibited by people who obsess over choices of a harmless nature (such as growing and maintaining) a beard is astonishing.

What the Governing Body is all about is POWER and power is manifested by CONTROL and control is manifested by coercion in the smallest things.

Only a mind-control group would give a small pile of happy horse shit what hair grew where and how long.

I'm 58 years old and I remember how it was such a huge controversy when the Beatle's had "mop" hairstyles. Looking back from today's standpoint it is easy to see how very modest their hair was at the time it was being villified by small minds and big mouths.

It is time to examine your life and decide to GROW UP by making your own choices instead of constantly trying to justify the choices made FOR YOU.

T.

• Sith
    Sith

What's up with the HUGE font?

• Englishman
    Englishman

I agree. I once went to a party where half the guests had sandals and beards.

The men looked pretty rough too.

Englishman.

• Sith
    Sith

"I didnt used to like beards, but ive had my opinion changed recently."
    Katie, I'd really like to hear the story behind this

• Terry
    Terry
    What's up with the HUGE font?

That's not HUGE.

This is HUGE.

• undercover
    undercover
    4. We don't like the gay look either.

I dare you to walk into a biker bar and tell the biggest, baddest biker there that he looks gay with his beard.

Then let us know how your surgery went.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Terry's response is just right. I agree totally.

Frannie B

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I don't mind beards, but stubble more than tickles...it hurts!

J

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Grissom,

why are beards only bad at some places. We have elders here with beards (always had)

Not a problem.

Why are the rules not the same?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit