When Was The Last Time You Read The Bible?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It's been a long time for me.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Are we talking about the whole thing...or any part of it?

• minimus
    minimus

any part.

• blondie
    blondie

I read selected parts. I have been concentrating on translations other than the NWT; the NIV, the Message Bible, the Jerusalem Bible. I have been learning to read Hebrew as well (what a challenge that has been; a new alphabet and read right to left).

I find it better not to have the words of the NWT ringing in my ears whenever I see a scripture citation. But it will take time; 50 years is hard to overcome.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, I KNOW you read your Bible(s).

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I've been reading more lately, but it's different now. I think it's just another version of a story or "policy" for our business of living so to speak. Now I find myself reading it and having to think to myself when talking to others "assume this is all you know and it's true".

It's getting harder and harder to get into that character these days. For a while I was hoping it would make me believe in greater things...but it's not working.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I only read the passages the WTS tell me to read. Its much easier for me to understand because they have done all the work for me by showing me the important bits. Sometimes they even show me the important parts of different verses by making them shorter with "...".

Kwin

• stillajwexelder
  • minimus
    minimus

Stilla, that's because you're still a "practicing" JW

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I just started reading it again a few weeks ago, so today was the last time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit