What the heck is this?

by Hellrider 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Just for fun, I pressed one of the links advertised for on this forum, this one:

http://tellway-publishing.com/index.php?action=website-view&WebSiteID=26&WebPageID=405

...it`s the one that advertises itself with "Jesus, God, or son of God?". I pressed it out of curiosity, and am directed to this site, "TellWay Publishing", a publishing company that nowhere says that they are a daughter-company of the WTBTS. Now press the "links"-section, and you will eventually come to a site discussing the NWT, and to a Watchtower-site. Also, they speak about religion and the bible in very a very "WatchTower-like" manner, and it reminds a lot of the WT and Awake-"language". They seem to be very sympathetic to JWs, but nowhere on the TellWay Publishing-site do they reveal that that`s actually what they are. But they are. This is the lamest pr-trick I`ve seen, it`s really amazing that the JWs have sunk this low. Check it out.

• inquirer
    inquirer

I think I went to this site ages ago! lol It's funny when you haven't been to a site in a while and then someone else says something about it.

I am pretty sure it's a JW site.

JW's have pictures of paradise rather than having pictures of crosses and that.

JW's say Catholics are obsessed with crosses on the other hand JW's are obsessed with mountains and rivers.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

By the way, I was wondering about a thing. Can anyone buy advertisement-spots anywhere on the internet? It seems a bit strange with an ad for a company that is obviously JWs on a forum for ex-JWs, that aren`t particularly fond of JWs. I know the Tellway Publishing"-company tries to disguise themselves so that they won`t be seen as JWs immediately, but the people running this board should have seen it long ago. Also, there is an ad for "Jehovahs Witnesses"-singles, a meeting-place for JWs. LoL, you won`t see me using that very soon, ha ha.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You gotta be kidding! All religious groups carry one of these. Right?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Ha ha! Maybe it`s a "new light" or something, I don`t know. But it IS a JW-site, just press the link, then "About us", then "useful links" on the bottom, middle of page, and you`ll find both TheWatchtower and the NWT. How many religious groups do you know that would otherwise advertise for Jehovahs Witnesses? Only one, the JWs themselves.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Right to die on a key chain. I can't wait to get one of these.

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

Yea this site has all their hallmarks, and yea there is a link to their site, to weird!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I googled them and found the "manually edited search engine". What do you think?

http://www.cbel.com/jehovah's_witnesses/

steve

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember all the pioneers going hog wild over the Stoops Catalog!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

This approach they have here, is the oldest sales trick in the books, a bit like the opening sentences when they go door-to-door. Noone ever said "hi, we`re from Jehovahs Witnesses". Instead it was "Hello mam. Have you ever wondered whether this world was all there is? God has promised mankind that there is going to be a paradise on earth..." etc, etc, and then up with the WTs and brochures with the colourful pics of people in paradise. It`s like the same thing when you`re stopped on the street by some guy, and he starts talking to you about a wonderful new mobile phone, he talks and talks about the wonders of the product for minutes before he actually gets into the fact that he is trying to sell it to you. That website there,is exactly the same thing. "Look at this for a minute, please...have you ever wondered whether Jesus is God or the son of God? Well, the scriptures say many things about this, but..." Oh, and that search engine says it all anyway.

So cheap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit