Had the book study (Daniel book) tonight.

by ithinkisee 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    All the Watchtower doctrines? Are you sure you would want that?

NTSA

Ok, it undermines THE only doctrine that matters; 1. that Jesus selected the JW in 1919 to be His visible organization. 2. See if Jerusalem wasn't sacked in 607, but rather 587 as everyone in the world except the JW beleive, then that means the chronology has the wrong starting point. 3. Which means Jesus returned in 1935 (I am not saying that Jesus returned anytime because in Matthew 24:23-26 Jesus was very clear in stating that we are not to believe anyone who says He has returned.... they are false prophets... and the light only grows brighter for the righteous, not false prophets ... for instance if I were to say Jesus returned in 1879, no reason for me picking that date, I just made it up, I mean it's not like this was being taught in 1919 when Jesus was making his examination or anything... .....but if I were to say that, that would make me a false prophet!!!! No light getting brighter for me!!!) 4. And if Jesus returned in 1935, then the claim that Jesus selected them in 1919 is bogus

5. If that claim is bogus, then the JW aren't God's visible organization but instead some guys making a blasphemous claim, and all their other exegisis is reduced from the word of God's visible organization (to oppose it is to oppose God), to the same level as any other human. Which is mere commentary.

In other words there would be no special gaurantee that all your most deeply held and cherished beliefs are any more valid then any other argument from any other group of people who have read the bible alot.

Scary thought huh?
    "Most people, sometime in their lives, stumble across truth. Most jump up, brush themselves off, and hurry on about their business as if nothing had happened." -Winston Churchill
    The important thing is you only want to serve Jehovah. See, you can't serve two masters.
    You will come to love the one and hate the other. If your beloved organization ever contradicts Jehovah, which is inevitable since humans are imperfect and Jehovah is perfect, you would have to have the courage to recognize it, and choose Jehovah. Not an easy task considering everyone you ever knew won't talk to you again.
    But that is ok. The important thing is that you only want to serve Jehovah... right?
    Coming soon.... "We don't teach doctrine, we just teach what the Bible says, it is just what the Bible teaches!!!"

followed by that great old classic "But where else could we go, nobody else is teaching the Bible the right way"

• Honesty
    Honesty

The important thing is you only want to serve Jehovah. See, you can't serve two masters. You will come to love the one and hate the other. If your beloved organization ever contradicts Jehovah, you would have to have the courage to recognize it, and choose Jehovah. Not an easy task considering everyone you ever knew won't talk to you again.

But that is ok. The important thing is that you only want to serve Jehovah... right?
    Unfortunately, my JW wife (now ex) wanted to stay where her friends would still associate with her when she was faced with the real truth about the apostate JW religion. She continues living the lie of the WatchTower every day just so her friends will still be her friends. What a miserable existence that must be for her.

• blondie
    blondie

I used to make cryptic comments too until I got married and my hubbie started conducting, then he made cryptic comments I fed him.

Notice that Daniel is being discussed verse by verse with each verse quoted in the study book. The verses are read out of the book rather than the Bible. Tells you what book is considered the authority.

I had one brother say that if given the choice between the Reasoning book and the Bible he would take the Reasoning book because it has God's explanations of what is in the Bible. Could be why so many JWs have their Bibles rebound with the Reasoning book in it.

Blondie (after all it is called the Congregation BOOK not Bible study)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

grissom is the third man on a team when there are only two shovels.

grissom is the one who denies that there is WT doctrine as opposed to JW doctrine.

grissom believes the two doctrines are not the same.

grissom does not keep walking into the sea until his hat floats.

grissom will find some answer that proves he is not disobeying THE SLAVE by being here.

grissom disobeyed the WTBS injunction on vaccinations, and had it done with a gramophone needle so he can't shut his mouth.

HB

• kid-A
    kid-A

grissom/baldi needs his antipsychotic medication refilled. Try Walgreens....open 24 hours.

• minimus
    minimus

Love your style----2 bad it's a waste. Even the "overseers" don't understand what they're "teaching" (parroting).

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

How funny that you still have book study at your house. I was in the same position when I was finding out the real truth. I was soooooo releived when the brothers decided to move it out of my house. I worked full-time and my husband being a truck driver was not always home in time for meetings. My kids were teenagers so they had to make sure the house was in order sometimes I would come in late from work (I would volunteen to stay late because I didn't want to sit through the crap. I'd show up 20 mins late. The brothers came to me and said obviously it is a hardship for you to have bookstudy with your work load and stuff so we decided to move it to so and so's. It too a good 6 months for them to do it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am sad in some ways as I missed this weeks book study - this information on a Sunday of the week of the week of the BS each week would be good - BTW dont you just love it that BS = Book Study but also equals Bull Shit

• Now What?
    Now What?

What about the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses

as we don't have doctrine?

it-1 p. 868 Foundation ***

Paul also compared certain primary Bible teachings to a foundation, and he encouraged the Hebrews not to become static upon having learned the primary doctrine about the Christ but to press on to maturity.—Heb 6:1, 2;

It's nice to see a jw apologist finally admit that you don't even have the primary doctrine about the Christ!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit