truthseeker

Our Father, who art in heaven,

Hallowed be thy Name.

Thy kingdom come.

Thy will be done,

On earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses,

As we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,

But deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,

and the power,

and the glory,

for ever and ever.

Amen.

The Lords Prayer, recited by billions of people since its inception, has failed to bring about the Kingdom.

Since Jesus Christ instituted the Lord's Prayer in 33 A.D., all generations of people who have lived and died praying for the Kingdom, and those currently living have yet to see the end of wickedness and the beginning of the Millenial Reign.

With the latest terror attacks in London, the destruction of the environment and the senselss slaughter all over the world, one can't help but wonder, "What would move God to act?"

In the first century, the Apostles mistakenly had the idea that the Kingdom would begin in their lifetime, while Jesus corrected them and told them "It does not belong to you" to have this knowledge.

In the book of Acts, Peter has already declared that the last days have arrived, as we see below...

Acts 2:14-21

14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: "Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15 These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning! 16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 " 'In the last days, God says,

I will pour out my Spirit on all people.

Your sons and daughters will prophesy,

your young men will see visions,

your old men will dream dreams.

18 Even on my servants, both men and women,

I will pour out my Spirit in those days,

and they will prophesy.

19 I will show wonders in the heaven above

and signs on the earth below,

blood and fire and billows of smoke.

20 The sun will be turned to darkness

and the moon to blood

before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

21 And everyone who calls

on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

The Apostle Paul thought the last days of the earthly system had arrived, when he mentioned the "critical times hard to deal with would be here" in his letter to Timothy.

Both of these men were wrong about one thing, right about another. The last days of the system of things did NOT end, but of the Jewish system they did.

At the end of the 1st century, the persecution and execution of Jesus' disciples was commonplace.

People have lived and died for the Kingdom for 2,000 years.

People pray for this Kingdom now - I pray for this Kingdom - Catholics, Protestants and everyother Christian denomination all PRAY for this Kingdom, whether earthly or heavenly.

Yet, our own prayers may just as well be slapped in our faces. The sacrifices given by millions, perhaps billions of individual Christians overtime has not resulted in a one-world government ruled by God, it has not resulted in Paradise conditions, and it has no resulted in a world free from death, disease and famine. It has not stopped the breakdown of family life.

If God really meant for us to pray for the Kingdom, to show him that we really want it, then the objective has been met.

Still, that leaves all with the universal question - Why has the Kingdom not delivered?

Jesus PAID the PRICE. He DIED for us. The "transaction" was complete. That should have been the be all and end all of the then 4,000 year old problem to mankinds situation.

But 2 milleniums have expired, and we see no evidence of this Kingdom.

How many bleeding hearts are needed to make this Kingdom a reality?

• daystar
    daystar

Luke 17:21 - "nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

Esoteric studies tell us that "On earth as it is in heaven" is a reference to the Hermetic axiom "As above, so below" and further refers to the relationship between the microcosm (man's material presence in one sense) to the macrocosm (the entirity of the universe, however you wish to define or describe it).

In other words, in my estimation, the concept of the Kingdom of God as a physical manifestation is a misunderstanding at best and misdirection at worst.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

We evolved from apes.

GBL

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    We evolved from apes.

See I don't know what to believe...but I am NOT going to say I come from a Monkey! I don't care if it is true!

Brooke (to cute to be a Ape)

• John Doe
    John Doe

I figured out my formatting problem!! Yay, all I have to do is unclick the "Automatic Cr/Lf" button, and the site doesn't screw with my html codes. Cool!

• joelbear
    joelbear

apes are not monkeys

the kingdom hasn't come because god thinks a few billion more people have to suffer before its really clear that we need him

• John Doe
    John Doe
    See,

I don't know what to believe...but I am NOT going to say I coame from a Monkey! I don't care if it is true!

Brooke(too cute to be an

Ape)

How would a monkey spell? lol I'm sorry. I'm in an anal-retentive mood today. :-)

• John Doe
    John Doe

Oh well, I thought it didn't mess with the code, but it still is. Sorry for the formatting on the last post. :-)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

(Mark 10:23) . . .After looking around Jesus said to his disciples: "How difficult a thing it will be for those with mon[k]ey[s] to enter into the kingdom of God!"

What a difference two little letters can make!

W.Once

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    How many bleeding hearts are needed to make this Kingdom a reality?

when reflecting on the problem of evil, i always seem to think of something Narkissos said a while back in a similar thread. i'm paraphrasing, but essentially he said that '...since the first time a child cried...' god has seemed to be missing from our affairs.

if god really loved us, there would never have been a single bleeding heart. no child would have ever cried. god died to many of us when that first child cried. how could he allow it?

the bible is morally flawed in a way that is truly unique. unique because so many people sweat over it's words. but really, the kingdom is not coming. it's time to throw down the bible to where it belongs. it's time to stop trying to defend the indefensible. we are humans, and we know what is right and wrong without the bible. somethings in the bible, and in life, are simply unjust. we don't accept them as anything other than unjust because of any fiat of power. they just are: unjust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit