It's about time somebody exposed this so called "theory of Gravity"

by Gollum 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman

Satire doesn't need to be explained. It stands on its own merits, and this was brilliant satire. It never ceases to amaze me how few people "get" it. Or are y'all just goofin' with us?

• Gollum
    Gollum

Just in case there were any questions about the author, he has an entry in the wikipedia. Link below. Very smart, interesting sounding guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellery_Schempp

• doogie
    doogie

BD:

i hear ya. i think i understand where you're coming from.

I just don't like arrogant people that use their scientific knowledge to hammer people anymore than the religious zealots.

this is a really good way of putting it. arrogance is never an attractive personality trait. it's too bad that many in the scientific community exhibit this character weakness, but for me, i see it as a problem that some individuals have rather than a point against the field itself. you know what i mean? it's just like our parents used to say: hate the actions, not the field of learning. (or something like that)

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Doogie, thanks man. As I said, I'm not anti-science at all, science is great, I love the technology and advances etc. It just struck me reading your last post that what really sends me is the science folks strike that same chord the hardcore dubs and other religious zealots do, ie: We have the (scientific, religious "truth") and you are so pitiable in that you do not.

That's what really bugs me, not the field itself, in that you are totally correct, its the arrogance and condenscending attitude no matter where its derived from.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Fairmind,
    It is absolute! Gravity just is. Gravity doesn't trvel anywhere or at any speed (like light does) it just exists and is acted uopon by the mass of each individual thing that exists in the universe. Sounds confusing but do a Google search on the speed of gravity and you'll find that many scientist support the idea that gravity just is.

I did do a search, and indeed it is very interesting. Although there are a lot of different opinions on it. I have to rad more.

I was always tought that gravitons (the supose particle that carrier the information) traveled at the speed of light. Just as photons (the carrier also for the electromagnetic force) does.

If indeed the speed of gravity is faster the the speed of light, it has many implications.

Well, as far as I understand gravity does not violate the laws of relativity.

They did an experiment to messure the speed of gravity and it was within 20% of the spped of light.

Danny

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    Big Dog , darkuncle,
    I think you may need to give that article another read. Your posts make it pretty clear that you didn't get it.

Yes, SNG, I am a dork.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit