Working for the State or Government

by jula71 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I knew a brother that worked for a Company here in Tampa, that made parts used for weapons (I think they were for Tanks). It was a very good paying job with many benefits, the elders found out and counseled him on this beacuse the company his employer, made parts that were used for war and destruction, (Is armageddon then not considered war & destruction?) so he ended up quiting his job and is now an elder. * This was about 14 years ago*

DL76

• opr83
    opr83

Was unaware of this, Rebel. Thanks. Didn't read it all, but saw the WT Society as a purported 5 mill share owner. Doesn't look like a good investment! It is curious that they would keep this investment. Although it appeared that the application could be used in many forms, it is the large Navy contract they highlight.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's all about control over people.

Many first and second century Christians served in the Roman army.

• Del
    Del

It's so stupid...I'm allowed to work for the Federal Government in any Department except Defence! It's still doing the same kind of work, just a different name on the letterhead!

• Netty
    Netty

I remember when I graduated high school, was still in the borg. We already seemed to have less choices, as to what to do with ourselves, and to top it off, we were not allowed to apply for work, at this cities biggest employer (something like 7000 employees). It is a government contractor that makes defense missiles, stuff like that. Gave us a whole lot less choices at the time. Dont know if there has been "new light" (hate that term) on this or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit