Rationality could be found in Scriptures!

by abiather 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• abiather
    abiather

Though religions have done enough harm to mankind, it often has to do with the exclusive attitude most of them developed misinterpreting the scriptures. Thus scriptures were blamed for all the misdeeds of religions. This was precipitated by certain verses in scriptures which are obviously interpolated by those with vexed interest.

However, an objective observer can see that the general direction in which all the scriptures (not the embellishments) point is RATIONAL. For example, most of the scriptures show that condition was good when people were in harmony with God, fellow-humans and nature. Problems started when they brought in divisiveness.

What it says to the individual also is RATIONAL (something an individual can do without waiting for others): “A heart that is joyful does good as a curer.” (Proverbs 17:22) This is something anyone can find true if he puts this to the test by implementing it! Those who have tasted the truthfulness of the above embody wholeness, truth, simplicity, effortless energy and transcendence! Interestingly, Abraham Maslow called them `metanormal' beings! Because living at this higher level meant greater biological efficiency, less disease, better sleep, increased emotional intelligence ….(something he could contrast from his case-studies and find out from his observation).

Such ones too have their problems typical of anyone’s life! Yet most of them do not dwell on the negative, but enjoy being always in the present with full concentration on what they do at the moment! (Compare the principle found in verses such as Luke 9:62; Philippians 3:13-14 … etc.) Poetically put, scriptures are all about “enjoying the journey rather than destination”—something that everyone would agree as RATIONAL!

Every journey begins with the first step and progresses stage by stage! And each step becomes immensely rewarding.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rationality could be found in Scriptures!

Don`t Kill the Kid!..

You Psychopathic Nut Case!!                               OK..

http://thethoughtsofasimpleman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/sacrifice-of-isaac.jpg

• abiather
    abiather

Outlaw,

This story has already been disowned by God when he said: “I have never commanded such a horrible deed; it never even crossed my mind.”—Jeremiah 7:31; 19:5

Hence it is an interpolation of those who have no sense of RATIONALITY!

(Now it follows: If this is interpolation, then its greater story of ransom sacrifice too falls into this category. It could be even this way--to give credential to ransom teaching, interpolators wanted some precedent, hence created story of Abraham)

Story of Abraham’s obedience lacks rationality throughout. God delays the birth of a child, and then permits birth. If God then asks for sacrifice of that child, Abraham will not hesitate as he had experienced the gift of God. That too, when God himself asks, who will hesitate. In this sense also, there is no logic or rationality!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hence it is an interpolation of those who have no sense of RATIONALITY - or, to put another way, religious people.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This story has already been disowned by God when he said: “I have never commanded such a horrible deed; it never even crossed my mind.”—Jeremiah 7:31;19;5...............abaither

Jeremiah 7:31;

31 And they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, nor did it come into my mind.

Jeremiah 19;5
    5 and have built the high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as burnt offerings to Baal, which I did not command or decree, nor did it come into my mind—

"Now it came about after these things, that God tested Abraham, and said to him, Abraham!' And he said, 'Here I am.' 2 And He said, 'Take now your son, your only son, whom you love, Isaac, and go to the land of Moriah; and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I will tell you.'"(Gen. 22:1-2).

2 different stories,in 2 different locations..

With 2 sets of rules and only one NutCase God..

With a 2nd nutcase (you) trying to explain what the Supreme NutCase is thinking..

Image result for name jehovah

Image result for nut case

I don`t have a problem with People of Faith..

I have a problem with People who Lie..

To support their Personal Agenda..

• cofty
    cofty

The story of Abraham's willingness to obey god and murder Isaac is central to the OT and is held up as an example of faith by NT writers.

It is also typical of the disgusting ethics of the bible from Genesis to Revelation.

There is nothing rational about the bible. Faith is the antithesis of reason and rationality.

• galaxie
    galaxie
    The fact that anyone NEEDS a reason to find rational in ancient biblical scripture is where the real issue lies!
  • abiather
    abiather

Cofty,

It seems Jesus had this in mind when he formulated this parable:

"Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

“The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

“‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

“‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’” (Mathew 13:24-29)

The embellishments have become so much that the original message is shrouded!

• cofty
    cofty

There is no way to have a conversation when somebody feels free to just make things up as they go along.

Why don't you just write your own bible Abi?

In the embellishments have become so much that the original message is lost!

Then let's just put the bible in the fantasy section of the library where it belongs.

• abiather
    abiather

Cofty,

No need of writing another or correct one.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 says 'weed out the Bible and take only what is fine.' This is easier and the best option!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit