Medicinal marijuana

by jula71 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• jula71
    jula71

I've heard from the "society" that prescription drugs under a doctor's care is acceptable regarding the "keep your body clean" excuse they give smoking. What about medicinal marijuana, which is legal in some states and gaining popularity? I've checked the dub "library" and found very little. Has anyone ever asked what the policy is on that?

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

someone gave a talk on that once at my old hall. it was some crap about comparing it to a blood transfusion and how we should wait on jehomah's new system to cure our pain.

gag me with a spoon

luv, jojo

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

As far as I know, they have not weighed in on the matter. Really, marijuana is less harmful than morphine, and morphine is used in hospitals as a pain killer.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Maybe they have a don't ask don't tell policy the same as thier oral sex between married couples.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

By the way heavy doses of LSD or Magic Mushrooms for terminally ill cancer patients makes them effectively able to deal with the pain where other drugs like morphine nolonger work, and makes them able to accept death with out fear.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Political correctness no doubt has something to do with it, eh?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Frankie-

Amanita and psilocybin for all the pains. The pains inflicted at meetings - a little tea a few hours before game time. Couple of JWs out in field service on shrooms discussing Ezekiel's visions. Now WE'RE TALKING. Be more souls out on Saturday mornings, think so?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Lawrence,

You might have a bad trip if you do those at the meetings on the other hand smoking a fatty just before the meetings start and another in mid session should make the torture of listening to boring talks given by kids and elders more tolerable, and a nice set of set of headphones might completely dull the pain.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

There was an article in the early 80s, that discussed smoking of herbal as opposed to tobacco cigarettes.

Decided that eating the herbs for their benfit was fine, but smoking was un natural and therefore wrong.

So calm your nerves with nicotine gum, and space cake - thats the natural way.

I hate how the WTS pressgangs words like natural normal to manipulate you into approval or otherwise.

HB

• jula71
    jula71
    Decided that eating the herbs for their benfit was fine, but smoking was un natural and therefore wrong.

That's were it gets a screwy. So why is chewing tobacco or snuff wrong? Likewise, if cloves on ham is OK why are clove cigarettes wrong? That's my point, and much the point of C of C, they tend to make things up as they go along, mostly for show.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit