Best Part of the DC

by RichieRich 29 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

You are all well aware of the fact that I went to the DC last weekend.

Most of you are also aware of a situation I have with a young kid my age who is in my circuit. If not, Here's the cliff notes on it. He turned me in and got me put on reproof. He is not squeaky clean himself. His father spread rumors about me and my mother throughout the circuit.

This kid is involved in one of these goofy JW dating sites that everyone has been cautioned against. I was shown this by a friend. I looked through both males and females in North Carolina to see who I knew. It's amazing. One girl on there seems especially deperate for a marriage mate.

So here we are, last friday.

I am walking through the corridor during lunch with a few young ladies, and see this guy. I make eye contact with him- just to let him know I'm there and I see him. Then I notice the girl from this dating site catch up with him and start talking (apparently she had fallen back in to the crowd). Then he casually gives me one of those "I'm scrathing my face but I'm really giving you the finger"s. I excuse myself from my harem friends.

I walk over to him, place my hand on his shoulder, and ask if I can speak with him for a moment. I pull him aside to a quiet spot of the hall, and proceed to tell him how much I appreciate him turning me in. I tell him I was initially angry with him, but now I see through that and truly appreciate him helping me to get things straight in my life so I can focus on serving Jehovah. He gets a little smug smile on his face, as I went on. I tell him that I so appreciate what he's done for me, and I hope one day I can return the favor.

Then I ask how things are between him and the girl {I mentioned her by name}. He drops the goofy smile. I told him that I know about www.jw-connect.com, and how they are both members. I also mention that I didn't know he was 18 (which he's not- he lied about it on the site). He starts to stutter and try to explain himself. I tell him that I'm not going to turn him in, instead I'm going to let Jehovah take care of him. Then I tell him,"Plus, I don't tell on people. You know why? Because people who tell on people eventually screw the wrong person, and find themselves hurt."

Then I tell him how much I appreciate how he and his father are keeping me and my mother's name clean by not spreading maliscous rumors about me and my mom. I say "I know you tell your dear sweet dad everything that happens to you. I'm sure you will tell him about our conversation today. Thats fine by me, because I also tell my dad most everything, just like you. The exception is, my dad is very upset because of how this has effected his wife. Good thing, though, that he doesn't spread rumors like your dad. My dad ruins peoples lives in other ways. So far, I've been able to restrain him, but I don't what I can do if this sort of thing continues."

Then I wish him a good day, remind I will be watching, and walk away.

My goodness did that feel good.

• happehanna
    happehanna

Good for you .............well handled too.

One of those moments where it all came together.......perfect.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Richie-

Took us many years to learn lessons like this one. Good for you! Stand up for your mom; well done.

• z
    z

well done Richie BRAVO

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Let me tell you, it took every bone in my body to restrain me from knocking him out.

But it felt so good afterward....

I can't even tell you...

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

HIGH FIVE!!!! That was WONDERFUL, Richie!

Nina

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    ,"Plus, I don't tell on people. You know why? Because people who tell on people eventually screw the wrong person, and find themselves hurt."

richie,

that's bloody sweet man! good for you.

BTW, just briefly, did you happen to take notes on that "we are wonderfully made" talk?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hey Rich, are you a fan of "The Sopranos"?

You handled that as smoothly as a made guy would have!

"...if it was me, and I wasted my votes...I might as well put a bullet in my head here...here...and here." - Bobby Bacala to a shop steward in a dingy bar, over a shot of Wild Turkey.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Yeah Tetrapod, I did.

However I was really prepared to get into that talk, but all he talked about was how small our kidneys are, and yet all they do, and how many muscles it takes to smile. Then the standard brain vs. computers comments.

Then it went to Jah created us wonderfully, and we therefore owe him our obedience... blah blah...

I was disappointed.

EDITED for Nate: Yeah I watch the Sopranos, but I am also a fan of a more realistic soap opera called "High School". IT starts again on August 25th, from 7:25-2:18 daily. You should check it out. Also, you have a PM.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Good job!!!!!!!!!! Gave me a good chuckle to start the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit