Would you help a dub?

by greendawn 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I treat JWs the same as I do everybody else. The same way I'd like to be treated.

DY

• love11
    love11

Yes I would.

However if I owned my own business and they wanted a job, I would pick someone else for that position. I haven't worked this hard to have my own business to have MY employee treat me like an ass. So I wouldn't put up with that. But I would help with any of the other situations.

Except helping someone who's car is broken down, because I know nothing about cars.

• Buster
    Buster

I am intrigued by the question.

I would probably help someone in an emergency if I could, with some exceptions. I remember some that I wouldn't budge to save their lives.

As far as work goes, I don't think I would ever help a dubbie. I don't think one would ever help me. I would not want to work with someone whose hope for eternal life depended on their "not even sharing a meal" with me.

• undercover
    undercover

As far as an emergency situation, I would help anyone I could regardless of religious, political or national background.

I am still on good terms with most JWs that I know. If one that I was still friendly with asked for assistance on something I would gladly help. Now I know a few JWs that if I saw on the side of the road, I would be tempted to pass by and not help....but it would heap fiery coals upon their heads if I was to stop and offer assistance.

I try to remember that most JWs are decent, well-meaning people. It's the WTS that has caused so much pain and has caused these otherwise well-meaning people to lose touch with reality. Why take it out on the innocent ones? Now, for those occasional ass-holes who hide behind the cloak of eldership or some other JW office, I say its open game on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit