Jehovah's Court case -- Witnesses are killed who don't testify.

by garybuss 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

I would say that in defense of the belief structure involving eternal damnation for unrepentant ones that it is based on new testament scripture . There is all sorts of talk of apostasy and being misled by the apostles and even jesus warned about being misled that many would come in his name but would prove to be ravenous wolves . Does the bible say that all will receive eternal blessings ? I think not .

• garybuss
    garybuss

Blondie had a good post on another thread. She wrote that the original Bible Students thought they would ALL go to heaven. Rutherford changed that in 1931 and his witnesses would all either go to heaven or live through Armageddon without ever dying. Since 1995, the third hope is becoming the only hope, that is resurrection, or re-creation in a perfect replica body. .
    Now there is a cloudy three hopes. Hope #1, is be anointed and go to heaven. Hope #2, is to live until Armageddon finally comes and never die. Hope #3, is to die (like the worldly people) and be re-created in a perfect replica body (like the worldly people) after Armageddon.
    With the resurrection hope, what's the difference between the Witness's life, death, and resurrection, and the worldly people's life, death, and resurrection?

• heathen
    heathen
    With the resurrection hope, what's the difference between the Witness's life, death, and resurrection, and the worldly people's life, death, and resurrection?

That's a fair enough question but I would think that the point of it all is that people live in accord with the faith in hopes of not dying wich as you posted was the second hope . It's hard to say but it does look as if those destroyed in the final battle are not given life but judgement . There are 2 resurrections one to life the other to everlasting abhorrences .

• carla
    carla

Did you ever check into Rutherford's anti-semetic comments? wow. carla

• gumby
    gumby

Gary.......EXCELLENT observation! In all my years as a witness, I never made the connection that you have presented. Franz himself even ran with the court drama throughout his writings. Nice job

Gumby

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

It struck me as quite sad and pathetic that Rutherford was so desperate to be a 'real' judge, that he gave himself the title and set up a structure in which he could act out his fantasty to lots of uneducated people by writing impressive books in which he got to pretend he was a real judge.

He could talk about legalistic stuff and expound his knowledge of legal procedure, and millions of window cleaners and shop assistants whould go 'Ohhhh Ahhhh JUDGE Rutherford blah blah blah'. What an ego trip.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I seem to remember the Proclaimers book said Rutherford eventually tried case(s) at the Supreme Court. As an attorney, if it's true, it would be quite an accomplishment. Rutherford's rants and rages in print look to me to be the writings of a lunatic.
    The Witness group today look like a large corporation dealing with a failed product, deserting customers, and they behave as if they are trying to wiggle out of warranty claims on promised product performance failures.
    Our airplanes didn't fly, BUT we have the best engineers in the world . . . don't forget that.

• heathen
    heathen
    Our airplanes didn't fly, BUT we have the best engineers in the world . . . don't forget that.

LOL .More like our product is still in warranty and we have the most trustworthy sales people . Don't you just love associating with the members , it's like being in a spiritual paradise already ..

• garybuss
    garybuss

In my opinion, if the Witness people can be an actual part of the prophecy, like the generation of 1914, and see it fail with their own eyes, and still love and believe in the Governing Body's Watch Tower Publishing Corporation and still be a Jehovah's Witness, they deserve what they get. They get tired, sick, old, and dead.
    They rearrange their whole lives to live as a part of a made up story and it's not even a good story.
    I'm amazed this business continues . . . and thrives. Simply amazing!

• heathen
    heathen

garybus --- I don't think there are many around that remember the switch from dogma so it makes perfect sense they can still be die hard witnesses . I didn't know that russell had predicted the end of the world in 1914 literally but then changed it to an invisible end .. til I came to this site . Even carl sagan said it was an engenius move to try and reclaim some credibility .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit