quick builds

by loosie 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

Ok was lying awake last night @ 3am wondering: When JW's build a hall in a weekend how do they get an inspectors approval so quickly? ( I know I need a life)

I mean various portions need to be inspected before the next step can be built, right? So how can they get an inspector out there say 10 times in one weekend so that they can go on to the next step.

Or do halls not need to be inspected?

• carla
    carla

I was just wondering the same thing! Any building inspectors out there? carla

• gumby
    gumby

Keep in mind....the foundation, slab or raisied foundation, plumming, electric, and other underground utilities have already been installed and expected before the building begins. The framing on up is the only inpection needed such as electric, drywall, etc. They plan ahead for an onsight inspector who can inspect the various stages. They usually have no down time since they've been through all the phases before. Many have inspectors who are dubs who work for the city.

Gumbulider

• Mulan
    Mulan

They don't build that way anymore though. It's a few week's program, as I understand it.

• talesin
    talesin

Oh loosie, talk about the right topic at the right time ... do you mind if I vent?

My father is going to a quick build next weekend. The KH, a country one, way out about 100 miles from Halifax,,,, has a 'bad roof' and they need a new one ....

Meanwhile, my family home in the country (no we are not rich, but my ancestors passed on some worthless land for centuries which is now good property, so my parents are tax-poor) badly needs a roof job, and I don't have the $$ to help, but MY friends have offered to do the free labour (and yes, my one friend is a former roofer, the other a pofessional carpenter/builder)...

Soooo, I said to him "well, then, I guess that the day after the KH building, they will come down home and fix your roof ... hahaha"

Dad paused, then laughed his a$$ off! ... lol ... he may have no 'out' of the KH, but he is no fool ...

bouquets to you, dad !

t

• Panda
    Panda

What I remember about KH builds was the bickering and finger pointing. Oh yeah and the adulterous connections (why do you think so many elders travel so far to "help" at quick builds? And the young sisters are pushed to attend in order to make connections with "good" families.

• andy2tanx
    andy2tanx

i used to be on the quick build team, and all I got for my bother was a load of really expensive tools getting borrowed... permanently!!

• talesin
    talesin
    What I remember about KH builds was the bickering and finger pointing. Oh yeah and the adulterous connections (why do you think so many elders travel so far to "help" at quick builds? And the young sisters are pushed to attend in order to make connections with "good" families.

good point !

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

hey Andy, Jmember the farce that was Hellaby, and how we all had to donate our gold earrings and wedding rings - like we was building Solomons Temple or something and they used to display what had been given on a table at the back to make everyone who still had irrational attachments to their wedding rings feel guilty.

I remember going to Hellaby, and there were a load of scousers working there, cos lets face it there werent no jobs in Liverpewl - in fact all respect to those guys, im suprised they knew how to work at all!! Well I just thought to myself - these chirpy chappies cant be witnoids, cos they are laughing and cracking joke and wearing jeans. They were clearly VERY worldly, and i wished they had chatted and joked with me cos then I wouldnt have had to spend the whole time frowning and looking down my christian nose at them!!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Damn..............

Panda.........you hit it right on the head! Those words are so true. I was on the building committe for our new KH back in the late 1980's and that is exactly how it was.

There was so much resentment in the air that you could cut it with a knife. But being the "loving" people that we were, you just took all the bs and then took it out on your family when you got home.

What I appreciate now is the fact that some of those young sisters who made so much hurt for my own daughter are now living to regret hooking up with the "good" families. They found old school husbands (who probably learned from their fathers) who are control freaks and think of their wives as property, not as equals! And a few had their newly appointed young elder husbands abandon them for a better looking sister. Once they were DF'd for awhile (playing the WT game), they showed re-pants-up.....I mean repentance, and were reinstated with their new sex toy theocratic wife. How the hell did I put up with it all that time?

NEVER.......I MEAN................NEVER ..AGAIN!

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit