Godbless America

by prophecor 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prophecor
    prophecor

Today, after fighting thru a bit of the blues, me and the MarkVIII on 476 north, listening to Chaka Khan sing an old Country & Western tune, written by a true rebel, Willie Nelson. Her rendition of Crazy, put to Big Band Jazz. It was on repeat for about an hours driving. I decided I'd fight my bitter moments and try and brighten my mum's day, if possible.

By the grace of God, I was able to catch her before she was to board a Septa bus to who knows where. I scooped her up in the chariot, opened the door for her so she could get a feel of royalty, that someone was willing to care with a little more than the usual attention. We went to get her favorite fruit salad and a seafood salad. We then went to the South Philly WAL-MART. Trying to catch a few bargains. As life would have it, I called the misses to inform her asto my plans, she was supportive. I was tired, but going to wait out the situation, that of seeing the fireworx display at Penns Landing. The extravaganza that was planned after the Live 8 concerts in Philly. WAL-MART's parking lot just happens to be the greatest place to view the fireworx display on the Deleware River. It's a carefully guarded secret that I was blessed to find out for the first time.

There was another momma's boy who was sharing life with his mother there. We just mystically seemed to converge at exactly the same spot. He was there with his mum, a sweetheart of a woman, ten years my moms senior, she was 85 years old. The sweetest little white woman you could ever wish was your grandmother. She was there without a chair for sitting. I was given the wonderful privelege of having her use my lawn chair with my mum and her sitting side by side. They exchanged pleasantries like a couple of 2nd graders. They were so delightful. To try and rob that moment with a camera would have been sacreligious.

The fireworx display got off the ground at the prescribed time. Someone in the audience turned on their car radio broadcasting the music that was being simulcasted, corresponding with the fireworx display, and it was almost magic, the entensity of the moments shared. Ray Charles was being played," America the Beautiful ", Louis Armstrong's rendition of " A Wonderful World ". The moment and the magic just fit so perfectly. Earlier in the day, I was lashing myself with the wet noodle, angry and depressed with tears as to my seeming inability to be normal, disturbed because I can not just go off and have a good time. These feeling were carefully put to rest, however, as a wonderful blessed conection to the outside world was experienced. It was the highlight of my evening, I got as close to my mum and the comfortableness of strangers as can be had in this world. It was truly an amazing moment. The feelings of patriotism and common comraderie was experinced in a most stealthy and subtle moment.

Godbless all of you, and Godbless America.

• skyman
    skyman

Thank you for your post.

• bebu
    bebu

Great story, prophecor!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit