Pink Floyd reformed and playing at the London Live 8 concert

by jimakazi 12 Replies latest jw friends

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

My all time favorite band Pink Floyd has reformed - with Roger Waters too - for the Live 8 concert.

As a teenage I used to chill out to the Floyd. The song "comfortably numb" somehow resonates with me.

Anyway live 8 starts in an hour or so [1 am NZ] and I'll be up all night enjoying it.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

have fun..............Pink Floyd is my fav too.

purps

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

comfortably numb is on their set list...and wywh

just keep the scissor sisters away

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I was outraged when scissor sisters covered that song, but after a great album from SS I forgave them.

They said sorry to me, they wont do it again. They told it to me at Glastonbury last year. We were all in a mushroom field, chillin' with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Judge Rutherford.

• foreword
    foreword

It would be great to see a new album including Waters.

• potleg
    potleg

I love Pink Floyd too but I heared on the radio that each band only had 15 minutes. Nowhere near enough time. Ever notice how "Another Brick in the Wall" fits not only a 3rd rate educational system but also the Borg? >>> Nameless, faceless publishers following a pre determined schedule of meetings and mind numbing drivel and any one who dares to speak out will be ridiculed and punished. If you replace the teacher with an elder or CO, Watchtower in hand leading the class/cong...saying, repeat after me...the kingdom was established in 1914....How can you live in paradise if you don't study your books...etc., etc....now get on with your work... My feeling,to quote floyd is RUN LIKE HELL

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Hi Potleg

You are right "Another brick in the wall" could be likened to the JW's.

The song "Mother" with lyrics like "Mother shall I build a wall?" also could be likened to what the JW's want it's members to do.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

I love that brick in the wall comparison. So true. Wish YOU Were Here is my favorite. We got a DVD-R just for the event.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Number 2 son is there. He's the one holding a huge inflatable banana.

Englishman.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Post 1446 of 1446
    since 17-Mar-05

44 y 7 m 3 d

man did they rock

(and the who nailed it too)

roger looked like he was really enjoying himself

if there is no further reunion it will be gilmours fault i feel

Share this

Google+