Homosexuals in Canada

by joelbear 11 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I was in Toronto for pride. Everyone was very excited about the same sex marriage law. Seems like it is going to become law. One of the coolest things I saw there was a 70-something male couple from Connecticut who arrived at the hotel where I was staying dressed in suits fresh from their wedding. They were all smiles.

I liked Toronto. Very friendly people. The gay village was fun to walk around. We don't have anything like that in Atlanta.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

speak to one of our own newlyweds - Evil Force.

BTW - where was the gay village? I never saw no gay village!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hey...did someone say my name? LOL
    Toronto is cool. Very multi cultural town.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

So how's wedded bliss EF or are you over that "honeymoon" stage and onto the "not tonight napoleon - I've got a headache" stage?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

What! Gays in Canada!? I guess I WONT be going to Canada soon....Jesus! what is this planet coming too?......

~Hill (hey JOEL..glad to see you postin' again!)

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I hope I never get to the "I have a headache" stage. But things are moving along smoothly. No complaints. Still having fun which is nice.

• joelbear
    joelbear

The gay village in Toronto is on Church Street mostly between Alexander and Wellesley but extends in all directions from there.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe we should build a statue of liberty, here in canada. What a concept!!

S

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Hmmm.....maybe instead of a statue or cheap platitudes we could get a government that truly embraces "Justice, Liberty, and Freedom for all". Wouldn't that be a novel concept? :)

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

EF, I agree; in addition to a government that will not take away individual's "pursuit of happiness" that is suppose to be a guarantee in the constitution and not just tyranny of the majority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit