14 Days Until Battlestar Galactica, Season 2

by Yizuman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

friendly btw) http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/ Here's some photos of the cast

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Oh cool! Good news for anyone that missed the entirety of Season 1, July 6th will be a marathon for everyone to catch the show at 10PM/9PM EST/CST Tape it or TiVO it. Laters Yiz

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Haven't seen Battlestar Galactica, but I did see the seasons finale of the new Dr. Who. They replaced Christopher Eccleston with some guy out of nowhere as Dr. Who.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Oh yeah, these guys

• jula71
    jula71

NO DOUBT!! Can't wait for BattleStar to get back on. Pretty good cliff hanger left at the last seasons finale.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

One of the best shows on TV right now, not just for Sci-fi junkies either, good drama. I cant wait.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Brings back memories...

I haven't seen the latest incarnation of Battle Star Galactica, but remember the original. I think I even have an album (33RPM) of the original music - and a few photos on the jacket.

At that time, I worked in a small town 90 miles north of San Antonio - Burnet, TX. I was hooked on the show. I would come to San Antonio for the weekend - to spend it with my girlfriend - and then go back on Sunday afternoon.

I had an agreement with another workmate - Rex - who also went out of town for the weekend - that we would both meet at the local Mr. Gatti's in Marble Falls - and be there in time to watch it on the big screen TV they had.

A couple of wild and crazy guys. The folks at Gatti's got to know us - we were really a couple of hell-raisers... pizza and beer... root beer... we usually got our request for them to change the channel to Battle Star Galactica - no matter what else was on.

Not sure I would feel the same about the latest version of the show...

Regards,

Jim TX

• tdogg
    tdogg

OMG! Starbuck is a girl now! What the hell...?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    OMG! Starbuck is a girl now! What the hell...?

Yep and she plays her role extremely well, note the keyword, extremely! Ron Moore picked her because she made the character really believable. When word came out that Starbuck was going to be a girl, it pissed off alot of fans. BUT, after the mini-series premered, they warmed up to her pretty quickly.

When Sci Fi execs saw the ratings in 2001, they decided to give a series of BSG a go and only gave 13 episodes for them to play with. After Season 1 was over with, they calculated approx 4 million viewers, so they gave Ron Moore (best known writer for Star Trek and Babylon 5) 20 episodes for season 2. It is expected that season 2 will break more than 4 million viewers. I surmise it will triple, if not more in viewership ratings.

In fact, I expect that with Torrent downloads, more and more are becoming fans of the show, even tho TV execs frown on torrent downloads, but IMHO it's helping Sci Fi get a boost in ratings for Season 2.

So please don't knock the female Starbuck until you have actually seen the show first and then form your own opinion. As an old saying goes, "Don't judge a book only by it's cover".

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

TEN MORE DAYS TIL BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit