The World Can't Wait, DRIVE OUT THE BUSH REGIME!

by Spook 39 Replies latest social current

• desbah
    desbah

Calm down folks.....this thread could easily fall under the anti-terrorism act that limited our personal freedom. Be careful what you post because big brother is watching you.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yeah I'm with spook about reagan... He was the most over hyped president in US history. Didn't DO a hell of a lot but people sure loved him...

I'm not with spook about anything else though!

• Spook
    Spook

BTT

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Spook, if you really are 23, you weren't even alive when Reagan was sworn in as President. How much do you actualy remember of his terms in office and of the circumstances leading up to the 1980 election?

And WTF is the "RCP", anyway?

• Preston
    Preston
    Though I'm not a commie, but rather a social democrat, my good friends at the RCP just launched this campaign. I'll be there. Why? Because I've had enough theocracy in my past, I don't want it in my future. Imagine a world-wide WTBTS! Ahhhhh! Hehe.

RCP? The Red Hot Chili Peppers?!? You know Flea?.....anywho.... you're a good kid Spook BUT don't you think Bush's last address kind of deflated the whole Bush acting as a self proclaimed messenger from God a ' la "The Blues Brothers"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/04/20050428-9.html

The role of religion in our society? I view religion as a personal matter. I think a person ought to be judged on how he or she lives his life, or lives her life. And that's how I've tried to live my life, through example. Faith-based is an important part of my life, individually, but I don't -- I don't ascribe a person's opposing my nominations to an issue of faith.
    - Preston
  • free2beme
    free2beme

The USA just does not work that way.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"RCP? The Red Hot Chili Peppers?!?"

I'm thinking the RCP was maybe the Red Chili Peppers before they were Hot. *LOL*

RHCP I could understand. Ditto for the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police ... a.k.a. Dudley Dooright & Company). But, RCP? WTF?

• heathen
    heathen

I don't much care what big dooshbag or brother thinks about my comments . I think they are evil and afraid of their own shadow . They murdered a hell of alot of people to get saddam and most of which were not even terrorists . Bin Laden is still running around and he was supposed to be the main objective in this war . They are so incompetent and lied to the american people over the threat of WOMD . N. Korea was the big threat in that area and Iran is being suspected of involvement with terrorists . I don't think this country could stand 3 terms of GWB.

• Spook
    Spook

RCP = Revolutionary Communist Party, USA

Dan-O,

I am indeed 23, and was not an observer of that election. Yes, my comments were sweeping and vituperative, but not authoratative. While based on scholarship rather than experience, I'll retract (for sake of apathy, lol) to the grounds of not inflating his performance, or having a short memory as respects the imerial actions of the state under his watch.

Preston,

I feel the Presidential active speaking campaign about the war is an attempt to reframe the conversation. What effect it will actually have, I don't know. Neither do I know how much the rhetoric actually represents the way many of those who have religious platforms feel and think.

free2beme,

You're probably right. I think it is a growing and important sentiment for the world to hear that a majority of the American population is at the very least not satisfied with the way America is being internationally. I believe the actual best case result of this will be that some Democrats are encouraged to take stronger stands on current issues, and that the Republican party may come to see some of the more extreme figures and attitudes as liabilities.

• Spook
    Spook

btt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit