Assembly in Salt Lake City

by I quit! 14 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

My Wife is going to the assembly in Salt Lake City over the 4th of July weekend. Anyone here condemned to that one? I heard they are going to have huge fireworks display to celebrate the 4th and.........well, maybe I didn't hear that. That would involve being normal and having fun. Things the Watchtower frowns on.

• Frog
    Frog

that's just sacrilege! what an ultimatum for the fence dwelling dubs...go with the fireworks

• tdogg
    tdogg

District assemblys have traditionally been held in Ogden, about 40 minutes north of SLC. Even the mention of going to one of these makes me cringe...oh, the horror...

• Purza
    Purza
    Anyone here condemned to that one?

LMAO

Thankfully. . . no. Pure torture.

Purza

• Rod P
    Rod P

That doesn't make sense to me. The JW's I'm pretty sure do not celebrate the 4th of July.

This has to do with Nationalism/Patriotism, and they are opposed to all earthly governments and rulers. So why would they celebrate?

Rod P.

• I quit!
    I quit!

That doesn't make sense to me. The JW's I'm pretty sure do not celebrate the 4th of July.

I also heard that Cyni Lauper was going to be there performing her song "Witness" except they asked her to change the lyric from "I don't want to be a witness to "I just want to be a witness" and from "jailbird path to walk" to Pioneer path to walk".

OK so maybe I didn't hear that either. I could be fibbing.

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

My wife is from Salt Lake - we go back every couple of years to see her family and ski Alta and Snowbird.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm condemned to the one this weekend in Winston Salem, NC.

MY sentence, 3 days of hell.

• dontnowat2believe
    dontnowat2believe

Hi richie,

Man do I feel sorry for you, maybe you could take along a sony psp or something 2 help with the boredom

Pete

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I will have a palm pilot, and my laptop. My hotel has wireless internet, so if I get sick ;) one day, I'll be here...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit