Hmmm....Football (soccer) or a Convention???

by jula71 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jula71
    jula71

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport/tm_objectid=15666618&method=full&siteid=106694&headline=let-s-be-real-champions-name_page.html

So what's it gonna be? Who's gonna win out? I like how the article says "sabotaged by" JW's hehe

• Scully
    Scully

But the stadium will be so clean and sparkly after the JWs get through with it... just in time for the big game!!

LET'S BE REAL CHAMPIONS

Jun 26 2005

EXCLUSIVE

By Ken Gorman

EURO-dreamers TNS will ask Liverpool to save their big night out - and prevent it being sabotaged by Jehovah's Witnesses!

The Welsh league champions are desperate to cash in on their glamour tie against the European kings by playing the home leg at the Millennium Stadium on July 20.

But the arena has been booked by the Jehovah's Witnesses the weekend before for their conference.

It means the ground staff would not be able to begin the two-day task of laying out the pitch until the Monday morning. And it would not be ready in time for Liverpool to train on it the night before the tie - their right under UEFA rules.

"I'm hopeful they won't object - after all, they've played at the stadium often enough," said TNS manager Ken McKenna.

"There are a few things to sort out but playing at Anfield and the Millennium would give everybody memories to cherish forever."

Wrexham's Racecourse Ground has been put on standby, but that has a seating capacity of just 9,000 compared to 74,000 at the Cardiff venue.

"But if we have to play at Wrexham we'll be up for it," said McKenna.

FEWER than 100 fans saw TNS beat an Anglesey side 2-1 in their first pre-season work-out yesterday.

• blondie
    blondie

Sounds to me like the arena staff sabotaged it by being a little too greedy and scheduling things too close.

I'm sure the arena staff were aware of the events coming up after the WT convention and knew it would create a problem for the next customer.

I worked for an arena in scheduling and saw them do things like this all the time.

Blondie

• dontnowat2believe
    dontnowat2believe

TNS should ask the jws to move the date in return for match tickets for the game, at least they would have a full ground and the jws could pray for a miracle. ha ha

Pete

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I'm sure the arena staff were aware of the events coming up

I dont think so this time. The TNS football team are little more than a village team and the chances of them getting into this competion, let alone drawing a match with Liverpool FC , who only recently had their participation confirmed, would have been absolutely minimal. no one could have forseen it.

Reminds me of once at the long assembly at the now demolished Wembley Stadium(1969?). The dog racing was booked for one of the evenings during the assembly. What happened? We took down all the signs, and cleared out for one night. The lads worked all night to clean it and replace the signs for the assembly again the next day,

Happy days!

I can see the difficulties in preparing it for the game, but I guess an awful lot of the dubs would be sympathetic, perhaps they could clear out extra early??

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Oh, just them have their convention...it`s not like it`s the end of the world, is it?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Let's get priorities straight! Guys in tightass pants running around, or dubs in their polyester threads with hideous ties???

MMmmmm....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit