When Someone does something so special and they don't have a clue....

by Sparkplug 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

It makes me cry.

For instance. I was coming back from a funeral this weekend. It was a long 10 hour drive and having had such a cruddy two weeks and especially day before prior, it was quite a shock when my travel companion pulled over in Miama OK of all places and insisted we see Loretta Lynn. Now that was a treat.

It was something I would never do for myself, secretly always wanted to do. It stirred some hidden childhood emotions and well just plain touched my heart that someone would not be too manly as to pass this kind of a show by and yet kewl enough to not care if it was strangeto stop in the middle of a trip to take me with them into Loretta Lynn.

I know this is crazy sounding, but it really was sweet. I am impressed. Like when someone gives you a wake up call or brings you coffee just because they know you will not get up in the AM just because you have been overtired lately.

What was a really touching thing someone has done for you recently that they have no idea how much it meant to you? I would like to know.

• Netty
    Netty

I love that story. Well, today my hubby told me "youre just as beautiful as the day I met you" and believe me, he aint the wordy type like that. It came at such a great time, as I had been feelig down about a few things. Funny hu Sparky, little things people say and do can help you through. Or in your case, guess it was a big thing, Loretta Lynn, very, very cool! She's a legend.

• Frog
    Frog

Know what you mean sparky, really lights up your heart and makes you feel all warn and fuzzy:) I get a real kick out of when strangers do small things to help others, when they're under no obligation to. Usually takes a bit to make me cry these days, but when I see people genuinely helping others in whatever small way, it inspires hope in humanity:) frog

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Netty

It came at such a great time, as I had been feelig down about a few things.

Great how the smallest thing can make you just love that person more or even change your whole perception of them also. You should tell him he did well. I am a firm believer in letting people know what they mean to you and how great the small things are. Often I look silly, but more often than not it so helps them to know they did something right and that is all it took!!

What really got me is I don't think I ever mentioned liking her, and maybe it was just the fact I was there that I got invited, but I swear I just welled up with tears that there I sat listening to someone I have not heard in probably 15 or 20 years really and I had a beer in one hand and an old lady with a pocketbook on my other side, a big smile on my face and a huge piece of sweet in my heart. At that moment I could not think anything exept HOW GREAT LIFE WAS. I don't think anyone would even think twice that I would even like her. It was great.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Frog- Now your talkin'

I love it when someone lets me in on the freeway, or does not cuss me when I take too long because I misplaced my bank card again.

And yep it does get harder and harder to cry, but then other times it is so easy.

A girlfriend of mine brought a Happy Fathers Day cake to my home the other day. Three single moms and one remembered how hard it is being mom and dad....That choked me up too. Added pounds to me bumm but really sweet.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Being one who sufferes from the malady of sleep apnea, my next door neighbor, who I don't have much contact with, happened upon each other early in the morning last year. We talked, chit chatted, surface talked, and somehow got to talking about sleep, and how she didn't mind the noise on the block because she runs her A/C 24/7 during the summer months, and on account of the fact that she has sleep apnea and has to sleep with a CPAP machine. I was a little bowled over as I and my neighbor shared the same illness.

I was downstairs trying to find some way of fixing my mask and headgear as it was on its very last leg. I mentioned the problem to her and she said that she would order me a mask and head gear for my machine, as she was covered by a good insurance plan that would not charge her for it. I had no health coverage and the equipment accessories cannot be purchased over the counter without a prescription. I thought it was all talk, but about 6 weeks later, she presented me with a new mask and headgear that amazingly enough fit to nearly a tee.

Because of this neighborly love, I now am able to get some of the best sleep in years. I will be eternally grateful to her as sleep is so closely associated with death when one suffers from sleep apnea. I have been given a new lease on life because of her kindness. Imagine that type of care and concern coming from " Worldly People ". Who would've ever thought.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Theres lots of little things isn't there...

Like the person who gave me a cheery wave for letting them into my lane the other day.

Or my neighbour who came to let me know that while we were away she parked the 2nd car in our driveway to make it look like someone was home.

Or my lovely boyfriend who reaches out to me just to say he cares and loves me at just the moments i need it without any prompting...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

prophecor- I have a friend who suffers from this and it is so painful to watch. While at the funeral, I got stuck with the floor and had to try to breath thru a clogged nose from all the old carpet. I can not imagine having to deal with that each night. That one night let me in on what apnea does and I really think your neighbor did a great thing. Powerful stuff, I'm saying!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

misspeaches- I like what your neighbor did. I have crazy Gypsies from Romania as neighbors and they really don't do much nice. But the other day instead of driving thier dooly thru my yard, they actually asked. I liked that too.

Your boyfriend sounds really attentive. That is wonderful

• Mr. Blue
    Mr. Blue

I was at a yard sale last week and it was about 95 degrees. The lady running the sale offered me a bottle of water - for free. It doesn't sound like much but in all the years of yard sales, this is the first time this ever happened. It was really nice of her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit