Jehovah's Witness! Nothing but a period in the world novel.

by free2beme 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Or that the shame that the 2 witnesses in Revelation had to endure was fulfilled when J. Rutherford and his WTS cohorts were denied bail while their cases were on appeal.

ROFLMFAO!! I musta forgot that one!! Un-Be-lievable.........the Society's interpretations of Revelation indicate more drug use than when John originally wrote it......

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    they say things like, "Witnesses do not believe in Jesus." To which I often find myself defending the fact that they do

Is it surprising that people don't know what they believe when they keep changing doctrine, then sometimes back again? Perhaps what people mean is that JWs do not believe in Jesus as Christians do. Or that JWs don't worship Jesus (although they previously taught that Jesus should be worshiped) Or that they think he was nothing more than a perfect man, which is contrary to orthodox Christian belief, and amazing set against the evidence in the New Testament.

Two years ago all I knew about JWs was that they pestered people at weekends like double glazing salesmen, and that they refused blood transfusions. I did not even know that they did not celebrate Christmas or birthdays. They just don't realise that people view them as another form of salvation army, but without the music.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit