Converting

by xjustxanotherxstarx 12 Replies latest jw friends

• inquirer
    inquirer

I'd rather marry a Catholic than a JW.

I don't like Catholic doctrine, but they are just normal people in the community. They are friendly... and you know just normal.

Where I live is a very Catholic area! Never seen so many churches in my life! :O ...But there are other churches too, but definetly not as many as the Catholic churches! :O (Australia is slightly more Anglican than Catholic by the way... almost 50-50)

And when I re-converted to the JW's, I found out there were a few JW's as well! :O I wish I didn't flaming know there were!!!!

I know which people I'd hang around with... Now there are all these people who shun me and crap like that. Because of their "religion" they can't ask me why I don't go to meetings anymore and stuff like that.

It's not me with the doctrines that bothers me (except 607) but it's the the cult-like attitude it's members are told to have! :( It's half cult, half Christian to me.... I think I would rather put up with half Christian, half Pagan like a lot of churches are like today... I think this is cult-like attitude is the bit that makes people hate Witnesses. I think they use a lot of psychology in their publications too. That "make you feel guilty all the time" talk. :(

So, it's hardly worth having a relationship with anyone in the org. :(

Like what other people have said "you'll be shunned forever."

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Adonijah, you said :various ADVENTIST groups have also done the same

You ARE an adventist group

steve

• doogie
    doogie
    However if you read Pastor Chuck Smiths "The End Times" pages 35 & 36, he predicted the end would come in 2006, also LUTHERN, BABTIST, CATHOLICS & the various ADVENTIST groups have also done the same.

you heard it here first...

the witnesses are no better than any other religious group, despite their claims of being the one true religion.

since that is the case (as adonijah has admitted) are the negative aspects listed above by jeannie and blondie and others really worth it? in the end, all you get is "just another religion"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit