e-foot in mouth, does anyone else have this problem??

by Frog 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Frog
    Frog

Hey guys don't know about you but I got through these periods where I seriously put my foot in it via email, forums, txt messages etc. In real life I'm quite diplomatic and have a knack for saying the right thing. The sort of thing I'm talking about is replying to all in an email, rather than just replying to sender, and disseminating a whole bunch of information to people you never intended it for. I've done some beauties of those. Or, I think sometimes I get the courage to say certain things, nothing huge, that I would never say in person, you know little flirty things. I did this yesterday to someone I get along really well with through my work, now I just want to sink into the floor over it, even though it was no big thing. Yesterday must have been the day for it though. I'm on a yahoo group in relation to overseas voluntary work I did a little while ago. One of the girls in my care wasn't getting the medical treatment and care she needed when I was there. I left the project and it seems that things haven't improved greatly. I had heard this young girl had been moved to another children's home, and things had worsened. On the group email I asked for some more information on her, as I was quite concerned. I received quite a detailed response from one lady, with a lot of personal information about this girl. Forgetting that I was on a group, I semi-condemned her carers and asked what immediate action I could take. The initial response was directed at me and probably breached privacy anyway, so naturally I was lulled into a false sense of security. Now everyone in the group has heard the truth about what I thought of the carers and the situation going on there. Who knows this could do some good, but I wish ever so much it didn't have to come from me. There was also one other email trip-up I made yesterday, but won't bother you all with. God I must have absolutely no attention to detail! Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it always comes in three's. I need to learn to keep my froggy trap shut-> frog

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Ribbit.

• Netty
    Netty

I know what you mean Frog, I was on an email group, and once or twice just hit reply instead of starting a new email, and as soon as it was sent I thought "oh SH*T". Luckily I didnt get into too much trouble, (hope you dont either). And then even on this forum, shish, I try not to ever go back and read my own posts sometimes, I might get embarassed. Funny how the internet makes us more bold.

• Frog
    Frog

Just to prove that I have limited attention to detail, I just noticed the "viewed: __times" thingy on the headbar when you post a thread. How depressing, when you're thread has been accessed a hundred times and no-one responds! frog

• Netty
    Netty
    and no-one responds!

Who you calling no one?

• Frog
    Frog

Whoops Netty, didn't mean to offend, especially on your birthday!!...I meant other threads, where absolutely no-one respondsfrog

• Netty
    Netty

That's ok Froggie! tee hee, you dont have to cry. the birthday girl is feeling ok, after all I get chocolate cake and a birthday spankin' (shh, this is between you and me ok, all the other posters on the board are sleepin' right now anyway) from my hubby. Life is good! Pretty darn good.

• Frog
    Frog

Chocolate birthday cake is the best! I had 2 last year, didn't eat them all myself, but I sure wanted to! There's something extra naughty about birthday cake, even after a few years of being out of the org, the novelty of birthdays still hasn't worn off. My birday is soon too, YAY!! Enjoy your spankin and chocky cake;) froglett

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Hey froggie! I have the same issue with paying attention to details. When it comes to e-mail I've learned to keep it short, sweet, professional and to the point - it's better to leave something out than to give out too-much-info.

On the discussion board it's more difficult because my tendency to share doesn't turn on and off so people may know a lot more about me than I want them to. But, what they hey! Maybe someone will be helped by my sharing.

Netty - I feel you on not reading your past posts. There's one particularly nasty post of mine I never returned to . Taught me to censure myself just a little more

Tam

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I didn't used to have, but I do now - or perhaps I was a carrier all the time but only just showed the symptoms. It's never intentional though, I'm just not good at expressing myself and come across as a bit blunt or downright stupid and unthinking at times

Text messages I have a big problem with too, but thats because I haven't got used to the predictive texting principle yet so I put wrong words in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit