When Old Saul Dies!! GB Rumor Going Around Bethel

by frankiespeakin 18 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I don't think anybody at Bethel is anxious for Teddy to die. The only JW's left in the power positions are the sycophantic hardliners that have survived the purges.

my $.02

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Fred Franz was the WTS's last "prophet". After he died the organization moved to a committee style leadership, which is what the current governing body is. With this new structure, the death of any single for small group of the GB will not have any significant affect on the direction of the WTS.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Fred Franz was the WTS's last "prophet". After he died the organization moved to a committee style leadership, which is what the current governing body is. With this new structure, the death of any single for small group of the GB will not have any significant affect on the direction of the WTS. EXACTLY - However I think it will be a phsycological blow when all GB born before or in 1914 die off and the year 21014 arrives. I think that will force a change in doctrine

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    EXACTLY - However I think it will be a phsycological blow when all GB born before or in 1914 die off and the year 21014 arrives. I think that will force a change in doctrine

stillajwexelder - do you mean 2014? otherwise we are talking 19,000 years from now [LOL] and I think by then some 1914 doctrine will change, but if we could go forward there would still be some die hard jw's stating that Christ has been in power now for over 19,000 years.... the end must be nigh!!! [LOL] Jeff

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes I meant 2014 and I can not edit my mistake either which is a pain in the ass

• garybuss
    garybuss

Give me a good prophet or a good business man, and my money's on the business man every time. :-) I think they got some business people there somewhere by the looks of things now.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

backed up by some lawyers too Garybuss - yep sounds like a good winning money making enterprise to me- pity about love and Christianity

• potleg
    potleg

yep it's big business alright with a bunch of lawyers standing in the background, trouble is more and more I see the ones wanting to buy aint got much money. Maybe thats why they need all them lawyers, to help them old folks in the rich countries change their wills

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

There's rumors at Bethel about me? Cool! I'm famush...famous <hic!>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit