This is the first time I have EVER,,,

by Bumble Bee 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Rejoice in the fact that you didn't have to eat another Muff'n'egg. (Do they still serve those gawd aweful things?)

• doodle-v
    doodle-v
    Rejoice in the fact that you didn't have to eat another Muff'n'egg. (Do they still serve those gawd aweful things?)

Muff'n'eggs and frozen OJ was the shit! lmao They stopped with the food a few years back. Now the "encourage" the bros. and sis. to bring a sack lunch and not go out to eat. In fact I think they've reduced the amount of time alloted for lunch to discourage people from going out to eat. -Doodle-V

• Es
    Es

congrats hun....how did you feel? I know when i missed the memorial for the first time this year i kind of felt numb but now know it was the right thing to do. Keep up the good work es

• prophecor
    prophecor
    .......they've reduced the amount of time alloted for lunch to discourage people from going out to eat. -Doodle-V

Control, control, control. It must surely be aggravating being in the truth now.

• geevee
    geevee

Getting to understand the same feelings. We breezed into a District Convention last year....just to be seen then had lunch and quietly left.....picked up all the new releases blah blah blah. We did sit through the one day assembly and felt nauseous all day...what a waste of time, could have stayed in bed and enjoyed a JW free day in town! Didnt go the the 2 dayer. No one has even asked what happened or where were/are you... The memorial shouldn't be a problem next year.

• luna2
    luna2

Hmmm, this could be why nobody is stopping by and talking to me any more at work. I've missed the Memorial and the DC three years in a row now (got lots of invites to the memorial this year too).

The first year, I felt pretty guilty; the second year just a little twinge; the third year I didn't even blink; and now I can't even contemplate going without shuddering.

Its good to be free from all of that!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

That is a great feeling isn't it!

• potleg
    potleg

Fantastic, now don't let anyone lay a guilt trip on you. Just remember how good it felt NOT to be there.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Erm...just how far away are these 'district conventions' and how long do they last? (On average, I'm aware that in different areas the distances will vary) I've never been a JW, so I have no clue, just wondering if my wife is suddenly gonna start telling me she has to go on some long trip for something... I grew up in the WCG, they had something they called 'The Feast of Tabernacles' (commonly shortened to the Feast); which was an all week affair that required one to go and stay in a hotel and attend services every day of that week. Most people travelled at least 300 miles to attend this. I'm gonna be a bit upset if my wife wants to do something like that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit