LEGAL ADVICE..TO SUE ELDER

by mad max 2 Replies latest jw friends

• mad max
    mad max

HI anyone out there! Is there anyone who knows how one goes about doing this thing.

I really feel quite stongly that myself and my daughter Loubelle need to sue the elder who did our announcement, and just need to know if anyone has taken this route and if yes then plse advise me.

I have gone from indifference to dont't care attitude to now I WANT TO SUE.

If you know our story then you will know that we did nothing wrong, and it was just the way the elders played this game with us that makes us both soooooo mad. The cheek of them. Now we must feel like the condemed ones whenever we so happen to pass by or see our family.

If there is anyone who know about the above subject or can just give some advise, anything, we will both really appreciate it.

Ta

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

It would be far better to disclose which country you live in so that whoever responds can hopefully point you in the right direction which will depend upon jurisdiction.

I am not sure why you are considering legal action and can but assume it would be under the relevant defamation laws in your country; i.e. Libel and or Slander.

Good luck with your endeavours.

DB74

• blondie
    blondie

First, do you have concrete evidence under the rules of law that you think will stand up in court. Eye/ear witnesses who are credible. And written material, letters, e-mails, where the elders state their position.

The elders keep notes but you will not have access to them. They do not allow you to take notes at the JC and recording is forbidden though it has been done.

Did they make any statements in the hearing of other JWs? I doubt they will come forward willingly. Can they be compelled legally? And if so would they just stand mute (or lie) on the stand?

An example might be they accused you of being in a certain location committing a certain act on a certain day but you have a signed credit card receipt placing you miles away.

Once you have gathered what you consider evidence that will stand up in court, check with a lawyer or a barrister. Be prepared to pay perhaps unless you can find someone who will work on contingency, that is be paid out of whatever award you might get from the elder(s) if you win. Be aware that it may be hard to find a lawyer who will take this case.

Be sure to sue the individual elder(s) not the WTS. The WTS has the funds and staff to wear you down over time.

Good luck.

Blondie (not a lawyer--be sure to see one)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit