A Good Response to the JW "you don't believe us, you must be bad" attitude

by Check_Your_Premises 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

A method I use to some success is to take control of the conversation by saying 'I've been thinking about things like this over the past 6 months' (this will be taken as a sign from Jehoba), then while the JDub continues - the whole time thinking they're in control - 'insert to the conversation how you still 'searching' - 'looking for the truth'. Now you control the conversation. You can start asking some pretty hard questions, the whole time stating 'your seaching', or, 'I don't understand why......'

Works most of the time.

steve

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

CYP,

that's a good one! i remember being in service and coming across born agains and them saying rather intelligent stuff like that to me, and it going right over my head.

i have made up a couple of atheist responses, but i know they will go right over their heads too. plus, they will never call on me anyways, unless i move away. bwa ha ha ha!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    One with a popsicle or a banana would be great also

CYP - I'm trying to be a little more subtle that that!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Just recently, in an attempt to be more authentic to myself, I've opted to say

"Thanks for the advice, but I'm very happy being a Witch thanks. I could always take you along to one of our halloween rituals, that way you'll get inside info on what Satan is up to nowadays."

Sirona

PS. I'm not a Satanist, but they would presume I was, so why waste it?

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    "Thanks for the advice, but I'm very happy being a Witch thanks. I could always take you along to one of our halloween rituals, that way you'll get inside info on what Satan is up to nowadays."

That is really funny. You probably get some really funny looks with that one also.

It probably wouldn't go over so well with the wife though.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    CYP - I'm trying to be a little more subtle that that!

Yeah, but I am really dumb and unimaginative.

How about a carrot?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I think if I ever met a dub trying to preach to me I would say 'I dont think its the right religion', but then I would refuse to give any reasons why - 'oh no, it doesnt matter, I dont want to ruin your faith, no I really couldnt be bothered to discuss it with you, you wouldnt be interested'.

Nothing like a bit of mystery to get someone thinking.

But I really wouldnt discuss it because I really cant be bothered.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I'm thinking about my response if JWs come to my door. I'm thinking of telling them that I've learned about all the abuse that goes on and I've done a lot of research on their religion--but I'm not letting on that I used to be one.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    But I really wouldnt discuss it because I really cant be bothered.

Katie, you are probably a lot of fun to drink with.

• willy_think
    willy_think

Check,

Nice one I'm going to file that away for later use. ty

One thing I used that seemed to have an effect was “I try not to reads that much into the bible.”

For the date thing I like to use use, “so a pyramid to a man god king of Egypt is the temple of your lord?”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit