Looking back at 1905

by Nathan Natas 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Richie said,

Senor Natas,

I must congratulate you on another informative thread.

In other news, there was a rather large explosion in my back yard yesterday. Do you, in your infinite wisdom, have any idea what this may have resulted from.

PS, I'm out of Iodine... lol

Well, Rich, my guess - and it is ONLY a guess - would be that in some serendipitous manner, atmospheric nitrogen combined with all the iodine in your possession, then un-combined in a most thrilling and dramatic manner. But like I said, that's only a guess. Good Lord, man! How much NI3 did you make? I dub thee, "Doctor of Boomology!" - NN, "a danger to himself an others"
  • potleg
    potleg

I wonder how many people today would prefer life in the good old days of 100 years ago as compared with the bad new days of today? I for one wouldn't be alive today without "modern medicine". And if things were so good prior to1914 why the big push for social reform back then?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Well, Rich, my guess - and it is ONLY a guess - would be that in some serendipitous manner, atmospheric Nitrogen combined with all the iodine in your pssession, then un-combined in a most thrilling and dramatic manner. But like I said, that's only a guess. Good Lord, man! How much NI3 did you make? I dub thee, "Doctor of Boomology!" - NN, "a danger to himslef an others"

hmmm... Enough to dig a hole without a shovel lol. My dad thought it was funny as hell. My mother was disturbed. Best 20 bucks I ever spent (BTW, Iodine is expensive)... Thanks for the advice...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit