Kickin' it with Moses

by Low-Key Lysmith 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Have any of y'all ever participated in the whole "I can't wait for the new the New Order so I can meet and hang out with the Bible All-Stars" thing. My Old Man always wanted to meet the Apostles who were fishermen 'cause he likes to fish. I used to picture myself when I was a little kid holding hands with Job and Moses skipping through the gumdrop forest and petting an Alaskan Brown Bear completly unafraid of bodily harm whilst the 1800 lb bruin grazes peacefully in the pasture. Why stop it there? Ask Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednigo over for a few hands of Texas Hold'em. Have Jacob and all his extended family over for a nice Bar-b-que of Tofurkey and Soy Milk. Play 18 holes of golf with the Apostle Paul. Go boating with Jonah. Take Daniel out to hang with the lions. Have margaritas with Lot's Wife. Etc., etc.

-Breck

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

My folks peppered us kids with crap like that....although the apostles that died after Jesus therefore had the "heavenly calling" not Earthly calling......LOL, not that it matters at this point since it's all crap!

• Dustin
    Dustin

I always wanted to produce a CD with David.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

You're right EF, I forgot about that one. I guess I'll have to settle for Noah's Zoo and Cruise Lines.

• luna2
    luna2

LMAO, Low-key! I never got that far in my fantasies of the New Sys. I always had this sneaking suspicion that the guys would be too exaulted to want to talk to a mere sister ...kind of like Bible celebrities or something. I also had a hard time picturing Abraham and David sitting in classrooms being brought up to date on world history, cultural changes and current doctrine. Kind of humiliating for them, I'd have thought.

• Netty
    Netty

My mom used to try and get us all excited about hangin with worldy's in the new sys. Like Alexander Graham Bell, Lincoln, etc.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

If this drivel were true, don't you think that most of the Bible All-Stars would be part of the 144,000 up in heaven rather than on Earth?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Nah... i never quite got that exited about people in the bible. BUT I was thinking- Lennon, Hendrix, Keith Moon, Freddie Mercury... now there's a supergroup!!!!!!

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

omg, that's one of the great paradise-talk stuff. everybody thinks he'd be sitting there with daniel asking questions of "how it was and how he felt facing this and that".

say 6 million JWs survive and millions of corpses rise from their graves. how the heck would daniel stand there in his fashionable judean dress and talk to some shaved white tie-wearer about old neb, while the kids are playing "noah's ark".

i can tell you what daniel would do: he'd get himself a bunch of nephilim bodyguards, wear dark sunglasses and punch the paparazzi. and the watchtower's digest would cover scandals bout him breaking up with sexy sulamitha after she saw him kissing bathseba.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ
    he'd get himself a bunch of nephilim bodyguards, wear dark sunglasses and punch the paparazzi. and the watchtower's digest would cover scandals bout him breaking up with sexy sulamitha after she saw him kissing bathseba.

Thanks for that, it made my day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit