Voting on the Governing Body due to advanced age

by frankiespeakin 19 Replies latest jw friends

• TemperateWarrior
    TemperateWarrior

Ithinkisee,

I hold the same opinion of Jaracz. When I was a newboy at Bethel I thought he was pretty creepy.

However, I don't know how scary it is that he's now the current figurehead of the WTBTS. Didn't the reorganization with the new corporate entities here a few years back effectively remove the GB from power in the org?

How much influence to these tired old men actually hold anymore?

-TW

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    had a cold, soul-less, and evil looking eyes.

Ithink, I was his chairman at a SAD back in Feb, I thought exactly the same thing. I also thought of his talks and prayer as accusatory.

If he had known that his chairman was wishing him to keel over on the stage. lol

Ya Im terrible. One thing I can say about him is that he does not seem like a senile old man. He very much has his wits about him, wicked as he may be IMHO.

• rocky220
    rocky220

this might be a new thread topic but....are there any afro-americans or non-caucasian persons on the GB.......just asking.....rocky220

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Sam Heard is one of the new young gb members he is black.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think it is a terrible mistake to assume that governing body members do not believe it is the truth.

Such cynicism tells me more about how far some apostates have travelled in their bitterness than it does about the real attitudes of those at the top of the organisation.

• minimus
    minimus

Barber and Barr aren't dead yet?

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Slimboyfat,

I believe many of them still believe it is the Truth. But I think Jaracz takes the cold, calculating course. He is a disciplinarian. That is how he expresses his love. I have fleshly family members that are the same way. I don't doubt their love though. In fact it is usually fear and love that cause some people to become so strict and regimented and controlling and suspicious. Something in their life made them that way, and it wasn't holy spirit.

If you knew Jaracz at all or had to sit through dozens of his tirades you would know that. Don't worry, I don't expect you to understand. I must tell you that when I have looked in his eyes, I felt a dark force ... something really scary. And that was when I was a dyed in the wool JW.

Plus SlimBoyFat - just remember that many of the 'postates on this site don't really mean some of the harsh things they say - it is the result of being a pent-up spring in the congregation (to use an age-old JW illustration), not able to ask questions or express true feelings. Some come to this site and it just gushes out. I know I personally vascillate back and forth between feeling sorry for JWs and then being angry with them ... depending on the stresses of life and stresses of being a JW.

That being said .... I doubt you will get an apology from IP_Sec about hoping Jaracz would keel over ... and I can't say that I blame him ... heh.

-ithinkisee

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Barber and Barr aren't dead yet?

Nope ... but they're old and shaking like polaroid pictures ....

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ya I didnt really want him to die, I was just pissed that his talks made me feel a little vomit, you know, right there in my mouf.

I dont want anyone to die.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Speaking for myself personally if the death of every GB member would bring relief for thousands that are shunned then yes I would want eveyone dead. If it would not bring releif then let them live, at their age I'm sure living is a lot worse than dieing anyway.

My personal feeling is that I would rather die at around 70 years old and still relatively mobile and clear thinking then wasting away as an incoherrent invalid being confinded to a wheelchair, that need his bed pan chagned constantly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit