Any Red Hatter's on this Board?

by Panda 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

At the end of this month I will get to wear my Red Hat! For now I'm still a Pink Hatter. I've got my new Red Hat ready. Last week I was welcomed at the meeting . We had about 60 Red Hat Ladies there for dinner and talking and planning a trip in August.

Our group is named:

Sassy Red Hatters from Six Shooter Junction Our town used to be called six shooter junction because it was a railroad junction and the shootings usually occurred at the station downtown.

What I like is that there is no pledge or formal what you've got to do. Well okay you must wear your red hat... oh and purple outfit if you have it... maybe I'll acctually get out my embroidery machine and learn how to use it. Also... I am not the only atheist. I wonder if this exuberence will fade?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

ok. explain..

I have a red hat, but I don't see why its important...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Like these wonderful ladies I wanted to join, but I am not quite ready to wear red yet...So I just get to take a picture....trying to tune the camera on this one....

• luna2
    luna2

Richie, I think this is a club for mature ladies. When you turn 50, you get to wear a red hat. LOL You'd think I'd know more about this as I'm right in the proper age group. LOL

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

oh ok.

Is this organized by AARP?

lol... "grey headedness is a crown of wisdom"

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I had red hats before they thought up a "Red Hat Society".....and I have a purple feather for it

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I really am excited to do this strange ritual when I am older. About 1993 or 94 I found The book, When I am an old woman..,

then I found, What is it called, I am becoming the woman I wanted...

and one other, but it was taken I think and I cannot remember the name. I read those books cover to cover the day I purchased each one!! They are so wonderful. The wealth of experience in all of these womens lives...I love it!

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

When I turn 60, I'm going to get a sex change and learn to spit too.

• Panda
    Panda

Richie Rich, LOL Didn't Red Hatter's get started in North Carolina? The group (club) is based on a poem which in part says

"When I am old I shall wear a red hat and a purple dress which does not match."

So you've got to be 50, wear a red hat and a purple whatever. The original ladies in CA somewhere began as a tea social were in a magazine and voila there are thousands of women wearing red boas red hats and purple dresses. In the south we drink iced tea during the daylight and well you'll understand oneday when your own Mom becomes a free spirit. The lady who wrote the poem was probably an old hippie like me! Who else would dress like this?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I thought you were talking about Linux...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit