Women ??? Are they moving up ???

by run dont walk 7 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Atteneded a Catholic Wedding on the weekend, it was strange, but nice, I don't know much of the Catholic beliefs, talk was about an hour including hymns and songs and prayers, overall I thought it was well done.

One thing that caught my attention, the pastor giving the talk stepped down several times, and sat off to the side, as some WOMEN, read scriptures and talked to the audience (they were not nuns, all dressed as you would to go to a wedding), I was pleasantly surprised, I mean they had the whole stage and talked quite effectively, the pastor was very humble and praised the women for the job they did.

Are times changing in the religions ????

We all know this would NEVER happen at the kingom hall. (NEVER NEVER NEVER)

run

(from the "women are just as good and equal class.")

• trevor
    trevor

Moving on up! Moving on out!

• Mary
    Mary

Are times changing in the religions ?

Alot of them, yes, but certainly not the women in the Jay-Dub-Club........we're still at the bottom of the spiritual food chain in this religion......by the way, I got the uh "new release" from the ASS-embly which I'll post later on today........just the same regergetated crapola from different publications of the past all rolled in to one........

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Not in dubland!

In some religions women can be assigned "responsibilties". My husband whom is Jewish, has a client who's daughter is the Cantor at our local Temple.

DL76

• amicus
    amicus

Re: Women ??? Are they moving up ???

They are already "up". Sadly...and for reasons I'll never condone, women are often mistreated...as is anyone who is different from the groups who covet and unfortunately at times exercise control over others.

The dysfunctional behaviour we see today and have so often seen in the past is self serving, and of course harms any society affected by it. How different would our we be if we all recieved a balanced education, rather than the prejudiced schools that most of us have experienced. Things kinda went downhill when the Crusaders destroyed the existing Libraries, but it sent a powerful warning to any who followed in their path. The battle to edit, or propagate unuth continues to this day. The great lie that only a few *select* males can rule STILL is accepted today?

We have our *new* Library today, the Internet. It is a serious threat to the Kings...when will this Library be burned?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Not in JW or Islam land

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

I think there is a money spinner here for theWTBTS. Since sisters have to wear a "head covering" if no brother is present to say a prayer in a group, why not broaden there scope of service if they wear the patented " Sister Head Garment", or the SHG. The SHG can come in a leather look deluxe model, or conventional porper model. Of course no sale is actually involved but the "recommened voluntry donation" price could be extremly profitable.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I never wanted an elder to give my wedding talk but rather a close friend who knew me personally (not that I'm married but was just in case....) It doesn't make it more binding because some elder gives the talk & you hear the same illustration about 3 cords being stronger than 2.....bore me to death why don't you.....

I think in some faiths friends of both sexes can stand up and offer something to the marrying couple - much better - more personal I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit