What should I do?

by misguided 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scully
    Scully

I think it would make for a great news story. Alert the media that your JW ex-husband is planning to violate the court order for access to your son. Get the police involved. Stand outside the stadium where the convention is taking place and picket with a sign that says

"MY SON HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND IS BEING HELD IN THIS CONVENTION IN VIOLATION OF A CUSTODY ORDER"

"JEHOVAHS WITNESSES AID AND ABET ABDUCTION BY NON CUSTODIAL PARENT"

• Sassy
    Sassy

Its a hard call. You said your son has the level of a 5 yr old. Do you think it would tramatize him to have the police come and arrest his father?

Maybe you can warn your ex, that if he takes him to the assembly which is out of the radius of where he is allowed, that he will be arrested. Then maybe he won't bring him??

• georgefoster
    georgefoster

In my jurisdiction, if you don't have joint custody, the primary custodial parent chooses the child's religion. Therefore, the court could order that your child not attend any jw events. I'm sure there are kingdom halls within the 100 mile radius, so fighting that battle seems futile.

• Scully
    Scully

Another thing you can do in an attempt to circumvent this violation of a court order is to contact the elders of your ex's congregation and advise them that you have been informed that he has plans to take your son outside the boundaries designated in the court order, and that you will use whatever means necessary to embarrass the local JWs and make them look bad to the public for aiding and abetting your ex to be in violation of the court order. Get a lawyer involved too.

If there is one thing that JWs hate almost as much as the Internet, it's looking bad to the public.

• Netty
    Netty
    I think it would make for a great news story. Alert the media that your JW ex-husband is planning to violate the court order for access to your son. Get the police involved. Stand outside the stadium where the convention is taking place and picket with a sign that says

"MY SON HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND IS BEING HELD IN THIS CONVENTION IN VIOLATION OF A CUSTODY ORDER"

"JEHOVAHS WITNESSES AID AND ABET ABDUCTION BY NON CUSTODIAL PARENT

I LIKE it!

I think you should do whatever you can to keep your son away from this cult. Think of all the stories on this website, of children who were raised in the cult, and all they damage its caused to them, not only as children, but how it interferes with the functioning of their adult life. Find a way to save your son. Hey, the law, is the law! You have the law on your side here, use it.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I like Scully's idea of calling his local elder body. They won't want a scene of any kind. Perhaps, to keep your ex from knowing that the child spilled the beans you could ask the elders if their convention is in kamloops during July (mention the exact dates to them). If they are honest and say yes that is when it is you can then tell them in no uncertain terms that your ex cannot take your son or you will cause a scene. If they don't admit that their convention is then tell them that you have seen it online and know that is when the convention is and then tell them in no uncertain terms that your ex cannot take your son or you will cause a scene.

Make sure they know that there is a court order in place. That means much more to them than your opinion or feelings.

Good luck. I hope I am never in this situation because the stress it causes must be unbearable at times.

((((hugs))))

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I really feel for you.

If he has a history of verbal violence towards you I can understand you not wanting to make a fuss about things. No of course you wouldnt want to cause a scene involving police, especially if your son is there - you are far more likely to want to protect your son that the father is, and that is why he is thinking he can push the limits more (hes less concerned about any consequences on your son).

I love Scullys idea though. A well timed and reasonable phone call to the local elders explaining the order, and that the police would surely arrest him at the assembly if he went (no mention of you starting this process, just make out like its all in the polices hands, you'd hate for it to happen but you are convinced that is what they would do etc etc) and you think they ought to know so they can arrange it so it wont disrupt the assembly too much. Course if they could convince him not to go that might be even better...

Let them put all the pressure on him instead of you - he cant turn round and threaten to punch them (much as he'd like to).

Whatever you manage to do, best of luck.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    The thing is, the court order states that my ex is not supposed to take my son more than 100 km radius from my home. Kamloops is 150 km from our home.

Aside from teaching your 7 year old that it's okay to lie to mommy, the above would have me spitting nails. Your son does not have to know anything about it, but I'd alert the court to your ex's plans and let him know that you have done so and that if there are any further attempt to alienate your son from you that you will hit him so hard legally that he'll still have bruises in his next life!

Do Not Put Up With This!

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit