Good Grief - Life Celebration

by misspeaches 13 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Oh this one is just crazy.

A guy I know in the cong I last associated with is having his 'Life Celebration' party on the 2nd July. By strange co-incidence this is also the date that he turns 40 years old. So everyone is off to have a party with him to celebrate his his life.

Please - give me a break. Its a FREAKING B'DAY! Call it what you will. It is still a birthday. This sort of dumb behaviour is so typical of many JW's. I'm so glad it's over for me.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Don't you think it's a little sad that grown adults have to make excuses to have a party? Poor buggers

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Yes I do think it is sad. I hope that these people will one day see the real light.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Yes I do think it is sad. I hope that these people will one day see the real light.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

What is a birthday anyway but a life celebration?

Call it what they will....he wont be fooling Jehobah.

DB74

• Undecided
    Undecided

Watch out, someone may get beheaded.

Ken P.

• Ellie
    Ellie

You should send him a birthday card and on the inside write 'Happy Life Celebration'.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Oh that is so crazy. Betcha someone will "get offended" at that one, and they will have a local needs talk about it, and then it will be banned forever.

• Mary
    Mary

LMFAO............actually, I think this is a hoot..........let's see: if he does it, then it's only a matter of time before others in his Hall start having "Life Celebrations" on their birthday which of course means that it'll only be a matter of time before there's an article in the Botchtower called: Life Celebrations---Is It For Christians?"

I'm pleased to say that I celebrated both Mothers Day AND Father's Day this year----with my Witness parents who didn't seem to mind one bit.

• Sith
    Sith

I'm wondering what kind of looks I'll get when I go into my local bakery and order my son's 13th "Life Celebration" cake

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit