Comments You Will Not Hear at the 6-19-05 WT Study (Resurrection 3)

by blondie 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks, as ever, Blondie.

You raise interesting points for dubs to consider, including this one:

. . Until we meet again."* (* Jehovah's Witnesses-Proclaimers of God's Kingdom, page 662, published by Jehovah's Witnesses.)

We shall meet again in the resurrection

Was he of the anointed? Was his family? Some of them? Would they see other then?

The resurrection hope as promoted by the dubs is of families being reunited on a paradise earth. It wasn't so long ago of course when this would have meant hoping for everlasting life separated as families. Why? Because those of the family with "the heavenly hope" would be 'up there' whilst the rest of the family hoped to live forever down here on earth.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Blondie - I've never thanked you for all your fine research. You do a superb job of dissecting the WT study articles.

When I first became a witness, back in the 50's, we always referred to the "new world." Then it changed to "new order." As you said, it is now "new world" again. Do you or anyone else remember the dates of the changes?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Blondie - I've never thanked you for all your fine research. You do a superb job of dissecting the WT study articles.

When I first became a witness, back in the 50's, we always referred to the "new world." Then it changed to "new order." As you said, it is now "new world" again. Do you or anyone else remember the dates of the changes?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I echo Will Power's words regarding paragraph 20:

Our discussion of the resurrection leaves some questions unanswered. How will Jehovah arrange matters for those who were married when they died? (Luke 20:34, 35)
    Luke 20:33-35 "Consequently, in the resurrection, of which one of them does she become [the] wife? For the seven got her as wife.” Jesus said to them: “The children of this system of things marry and are given in marriage, but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. In fact, neither can they die anymore, for they are like the angels, and they are God’s children by being children of the resurrection.

With an increasing majority facing death in this world, is the WTS softening a crystal clear doctrine as stated by Jesus in three gospel accounts?

*** w77 12/1 p. 724 Is Your Advice Hard to Take? ***

The apostle Paul spoke of a time when people would search until they found counselors who would say just what they wanted to hear: "They will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled."—2 Tim. 4:3.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A couple of observations.

P.1 -4. the real life experience of the tragedy of a road crash that took the lives of 6 witnesses from Manchester , England . This was not so long ago, I would guess a couple of years . Question, did they obtain the permission of remaining family members to use this example? Were they forewarned?

I just wonder how they felt today at the meeting, Having this whole tragedy brought up and discussed. Come to that, the local dubs who know them well, would also find it upsetting. How would we feel if this deeply personal tragedy were the subject of the paragraph. I am sure there are some Watchtower Overseers , and readers in Lancashire who find it very difficult today.

P. 22. Others have made this point, but it hit me as so obvious, it was a surprise. The statement " If it appears that you are going to die before the start of Christ's Millenial reign, you take comfort in the certainty that relief will come" [By the ressurerction]

There are three black and white pictures , 2 old men in prayer and one younger woman in a bed, evidently sick

So , for the elderly and sick it seems that the hope now is not to be one of the "Great Crowd" of survivors, rather to look forward to life after death at the raising up of the dead on judgement day. If they lose the immediacy of the end , there is no difference between their message and that of the Church....

Thanks Blondie for all your work on our behalf

• blondie
    blondie

Well, I wonder what will be said in the KH today? What unique privilege or prospect was held out to millions that will now be taken away?

w99 4/1 p. 19 Life After Death—What Does the Bible Say? ***

Thus, the "great crowd" need never experience death. What a unique prospect!

w98 7/1 p. 24 "Death Is to Be Brought to Nothing" ***

Of course, "other sheep" alive today have a

hope that is unique to this generation. As part of an ever-increasing "great crowd," they may survive the coming "great tribulation" and never experience physical death!

w95

2/15 p. 17 Saved Alive Through the Great Tribulation ***

Yet, in our day, millions of Jehovah’s people—yes, a

great crowd that no man can number or limit—will have the unique privilege of being saved alive through the great tribulation. And they will never have to die.

w91

12/15 p. 12 Rejoice in the Kingdom Hope! ***

On the other hand,

because of their unique experience of surviving Armageddon, miraculous repair is what many of the great crowd will need and will receive.

w90

5/1 p. 28 Exercise Faith for Everlasting Life ***

Those of the

great crowd who survive this world’s end will not need a resurrection from the dead because they "will never die at all"! Are you taking steps to be one of this group? If so, what an amazing, unique privilege is open to you—that of surviving the end of Satan’s evil system and being ushered into a righteous new era that will bring you perfect health and everlasting life on a paradise earth! (Luke 23:43; Revelation 21:4, 5)

1988 Revelation Climax book

chap. 20 p. 128 A Multitudinous Great Crowd

You of the

great crowd will be unique among mankind as the "millions" that did not even have to die!

w83

1/1 p. 14 The Kingdom Issue to the Fore! ***

The sheeplike ones will inherit this Paradise realm of the heavenly Kingdom. A "great crowd" of them will do so

without ever dying off the face of the earth and needing a resurrection from the dead back to life on earth. (Revelation 7:9; 21:4) What a wonderful way for them to be ushered as "righteous" ones "into everlasting life"!

w78

9/1 p. 24 A Resurrection of Life and One of Judgment ***

The

marvelous thing about this "great crowd" of "tribulation" survivors is that they never experience a resurrection. Having never died and undergone the dissolution of the human body, they will have no need for the King Jesus Christ to call them out of the memorial tombs.

w78

9/1 p. 31 "I Shall Resurrect Him at the Last Day" ***

Those of the

resurrectionless "great crowd" of Christ’s "other sheep" will then have the opportunity to live on without ever dying and returning to the dust of the ground.

w57

10/1 pp. 582-583 Finding the Purpose for Living ***

But there is a great crowd of people today

who will never die at all, for their hope is to survive the coming war of Armageddon into God’s new world. That hope can be yours. We are living at a time when this whole evil system of things will come to an end.
  • blondie
    blondie

Right on, Gary
    The key word here is "IF". Here's how it should read.

"It appears that you are going to die before the start of Christ's Millennial Reign . . . "

Actually, Gary, I have been re-reading the Studies in the Scriptures and Russell said that the Millennial Reign would start no later than 1914. So I guess everyone since then has been dying after the start of the Millennial Reign.

And wasn’t the MR supposed to start around 1975 too?

w68

8/15 p. 499 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975? ***

Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the

autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man’s existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ. If these two periods run parallel with each other as to the calendar year, it will not be by mere chance or accident but will be according to Jehovah’s loving and timely purposes. Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man’s existence on earth. It does not necessarily mean that 1975 marks the end of the first 6,000 years of Jehovah’s seventh creative "day." Why not? Because after his creation Adam lived some time during the "sixth day," which unknown amount of time would need to be subtracted from Adam’s 930 years, to determine when the sixth seven-thousand-year period or "day" ended, and how long Adam lived into the "seventh day." And yet the end of that sixth creative "day" could end within the same Gregorian calendar year of Adam’s creation. It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years.

Hi Luna2

I guess once they get past this bad patch of having to convince the R & F that resurrection and not living through the great trib and Armageddon should be the real hope, they (the GB and friends) will be able to breathe easier. Gotta be tough when one of the support beams of your religion has just about rotted through.

They have already convinced them that organ transplants were always okay, that alternative service was always a conscience matter, that they had not been telling the rank and file that the people living in 1914 had to be alive when the end came, why not this?

Haha, Pole

Ah, you mean WHAT DOES RESURRECTION REALLY MEAN FOR me?

What Does the Bible REALLY Teach?

What Does the WT REALLY Mean?

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Hey will power.

UNANSWERED?

Unanswered by the WTS. The only answer that matters. They speak for God and Christ on earth as they only channel, so they have to explain what Jesus meant.

Actually, the WTS has answered this question; People resurrected to life on earth as humans will not be getting married, having sex, making or having children. End of discussion.

w87

6/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

So if a Christian finds it hard to accept the conclusion that resurrected ones will not marry, he can be sure that God and Christ are understanding.

Hi, heathen

Likely, all such integrity keepers will be resurrected early in Jesus’ Millennial Reign.

The WTS taught that the MR would start in 1925 and that is why they said Abraham and other ancient worthies would be resurrected and ruling in Jerusalem by then. I guess not.

Now the WTS tries to keep some shine on the unique privilege by telling the rank and file they won’t be dead long.

Hey jgnat, hang on, jgnat, hang on,
    Thanks to the articles, he has been exercising his imagination and gearing himself up in anticipation of this wonderful world to come.

That’s because his place in the WT world is so unpleasant. Wanting love and acceptance but never measuring up.

When he is obstreporous, hug or kiss him.

Senor Flash,

Their overlooking the vast

RE-educational work
    that also has to be done to God's people. Freeing them from the negitive conditioning they've recieved from all man made rules the GB has heaped on them over the decades

Oh, no their current style of education will become earth wide. That is when I started thinking I didn’t want to be in the new world of the WTS making.

Armageddon Story

http://www.macgregorministries.org/jehovahs_witnesses/armagsurv.html
    I'm begining to believe that the GT is started by man and/or Satan

Actually, the WTS teaches that the GT starts with the UN destroying religion but that the one thought is put in their mind by God. So the UN/Satan starts it but God is supposedly pulling the strings. (just explaining WT doctrine)

Rocketman (hug),
    Ah, good to see some of those quotes about 1925

The first time I read these statements, I wondered, why haven’t I heard anything about this? Except for an out-dated WT publication (1959), there was nothing until 1975. It’s amazing how arrogant Rutherford was and how foolish WT members were to follow him. What date-setters the WTS has been and to think that Russell said in kindly judgment on William Miller for thinking Christ was coming in 1844.

Ozziepost (how you feeling?)
    The resurrection hope as promoted by the dubs is of families being reunited on a paradise earth. It wasn't so long ago of course when this would have meant hoping for everlasting life separated as families. Why? Because those of the family with "the heavenly hope" would be 'up there' whilst the rest of the family hoped to live forever down here on earth.

Actually, I have know several married couples where the husband or the wife was anointed and the other spouse was not. The Memorial was not a happy time for them. If people worry about not remarrying their resurrection spouse on earth, how about the WTS prospect of never seeing them again, forever?

I was just reading another quip by the WTS that Aquila and Priscilla are not worried that they can’t have sex in heaven, and Mary isn’t blubbering because she is in heaven and will never seen Joseph again since he is being resurrected to life on earth.

Bonnie_clyde

It’s hard to track new world because of NWT mentions but

1953-1961 (peak) New World society (trickle by 1968)

1964-1972 (peak) new system of things (starts up again in 1985)

1962-1986 (peak) new order

1985-now new world and new system

Once the WTS used the phrase Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses

1964-1978 peak then never again unless they are quoting from an older publication; hmmmm

Zeke,

With an increasing majority facing death in this world, is the WTS softening a crystal clear doctrine as stated by Jesus in three gospel accounts?

Won’t be the first time the WTS has flipflopped on a doctrine.

Superior authorities

1879-1929 Secular authorities

1929-1962 God and Jesus

1962-2005 secular authorities

And there are the poor people in Sodom and Gomorrah, in and out Gehenna several times

Hey Bluesbrother,
    I just wonder how they felt today at the meeting, Having this whole tragedy brought up and discussed. Come to that, the local dubs who know them well, would also find it upsetting. How would we feel if this deeply personal tragedy were the subject of the paragraph. I am sure there are some Watchtower Overseers , and readers in Lancashire who find it very difficult today.

Perhaps that is why they left off the last name in the WT article, you think? Not!

After all, the WTS would tell them they are not supposed to be like the world and trot out his scripture.

Moreover, brothers, we do not want YOU to be ignorant concerning those who are sleeping [in death]; that YOU may not sorrow just as the rest also do who have no hope. 1 THESSALONIANS 4:13

Good comments, everyone. I learn from you every week.

Love, Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Mary isn’t blubbering because she is in heaven and will never seen Joseph again since he is being resurrected to life on earth

Good grief! How did they work that one out?

• blondie
    blondie

According to the WTS only those who die after Jesus went to heaven have the hope of being resurrected to heaven.

Thus, Joseph (who was evidently dead by the time Jesus received his anointing), the evildoer who died with Jesus and John the Baptist are also 2 they say will not go to heaven. They reason that is why Jesus resurrected Lazarus so he could go to heaven and be with Jesus eternally. I'll try find that explanation if I can.

Blondie

• Will Power
    Will Power

I was under the impression that all those real christians from before 1935 (the yr heaven was full - reached 144,000 - & door was closed) had the heavenly hope, then anyone after that date could only fill the spots created when a dead annointed fell out of "grace"

Does that mean Joseph having acquired a heavenly status by virture of the year he was born AND being chosen as the earthly father figure to God's son - what a glorious responsibility! chose to forfiet the heavenly position? How good can it be?

wp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit