Why I may not be able to sleep with anyone again

by ballistic 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Along with finding my favorite arm-chair and coffee mug, growing (slightly) older has brought on some curious sleeping habits.

For some time now, I have been in the habit of positioning four pillows in the shape of an arrow and sleeping with my head nestled in the middle supporting shoulders, on my back, with arms and legs stretched out across the whole bed (like a star-fish). I also have a king size quilt which I use all of. There is now even a slight dip in the centre of the bed where I sleep in the middle.

Has any other single people got any curious habits they would find difficult to give up? (Well, I don't want to know about all curious habits!!!!)

• ButterflyCharmer
    ButterflyCharmer

Im not single, but when i was, i was a wild sleeper.
    There were times i would somehow end up on the floor on the other
    side of my bedroom, not remembering how i got there.

Your habit isint so bad, all those pillows sounds pretty
    comfy.

Butterfly

• zagor
    zagor

No, my new GF does it for me, no need for pillows :)

• greendawn
    greendawn

For all the pillows in a big, king size, bed you should be able to sleep with an other person

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thinks: Maybe a new mattress is in order

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Ummmmmm...My wife sleeps in our bed as you describe. That is one of the many reasons we have a King size bed. She still needs to have a little room for me....her final pillow.

Jeff Schwehm

www.catholicxjw.com

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I used to talk in my sleep alot whe I was a teen. I would wake up and see my brother or parents staring at me because I was speaking German. I took three years in HS, and I think I was just repeating the conversations that we practiced as dialog.

I am a bit leary about sleeping around strangers as I don't know how they will react if I started up again, just talking. I also have vivid active dreams, and if wakened suddenly I sometimes strike out. I also have a VERY difficult time falling asleep, but once I'm there I am usually ok. Smells will wake me up, like lighting a match or blowing out a candle.

If I am wakened by loud noise or startled awake, I wake up instantly irritated and ugly.

All that said...I do find another warm body pleasant to wrap around. added: When I was four, I used to crawl into my grandpa's doghouse and take a nap with the black Lab and her puppies. I also when a few years older, would make caves and tunnels upstairs in the hay mow and sleep in there. I like spaces that might make others feel claustrophobic. I have three pillows in my sleep area, and I switch them out as they get too warm during the course of a night.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

• ballistic
    ballistic

darkuncle, although this was meant to be a joke thread, on the serious side, I had sleep problems in my late teens and early twenties. I used to have very intense detailed dreams seemingly all night long, would sleep long hours and constantly feel tired taking naps in the day. I was left exhausted and tired constantly. The dreams were so detailed they were like the "action man dream" thread recently posted.

My doctor diagnosed me with ME, and I was never particularly happy with the diagnosis. I got over it, (or grew out of it) after a couple of years and am more or less fine now. Some dreams still re-occur rarely even now, and they are sometimes on the same or on a similar theme.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

I talk in my sleep too - like darkuncle - only for me it's French, sometimes asstd. nonsense in English (there's a dog on the roof!) and sometimes I laugh or giggle if I'm a good mood. I tend to get really warm sleeping with someone else, too - wake up kind of overheated and it keeps me from sleeping really well. Of course, that wakes up the other person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit