my first post, wooohooo

by cyborg 43 Replies latest jw friends

• cyborg
    cyborg

I've signed up some time ago but never really had courage to post. So here I am, free and open-minded

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Welcome !!!

Congratulations on your first post. Hope to see many more from you.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Glad your here! Welcome to the board. Now you can add your opinion, and we would love to hear from you.

• zagor
    zagor

Hello and welcome!!!!

my grandma was also Croatian. Grandpa was Irish, could you imagine stronger catholic family?

• prophecor
    prophecor

Good you came came in from the rain. Welcome. May your stay here be a pleasant one.

Arthur

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Welcome cyborg!

I was on holiday in Slovenia last year. I had a hire car and I thought I could 'do' Croatia as well. I didnt realise the distances involved! Id love to come back some day and finish what I started. Its a beautiful part of the world.

• cyborg
    cyborg

Thank you all so much didn't know what to expect when I signed in. This makes it all the more easier.
    Thank you katiekitten, yes you are welcome any time, and if you ever come this way again send me a message if you need some company

Thanx zagor, I thought you must have some croation connection, zagor is the name of kid comic book sold at kiosks

• ballistic
    ballistic

Welcome Cyborg. Can you give us any background on the dubs in Croatia? Are they still increasing \ do people have the internet in general \ etc ?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    So here I am, free and open-minded

Feels good don't it?

Welcome

• cyborg
    cyborg

balistic ...
    Most of so called “worldly” people do have internet but very few dubs (LOL, funny name, if I hadn’t read posts for the last couple of weeks I wouldn’t have a clue who those were)

I'm not sure if they are increasing at the moment, last few years many young ones have joined in. But now that Croatia is stable economically and secure that might change. What I do know is that many feel bewildered and are expecting Armageddon to strike any minute.

They see crup going on in congregations but are interpreting that as the sign of the end. I have to be honest and say that there are still many worm and sincere people in congregations here but these are getting squashed by mighty and powerful ones, that is, elders and ministerial servants, or even “zealous” pioneers. And when CO comes they don’t make it any easier.

Everything is getting so dogmatic and removed from the real life that it is scary.

Nicolau ...
    Yes it does

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit