Hello

by Amionne 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• sf
    sf

I'd also like to suggest highly that when and if you do decide to be baptized (contracted to the WTBTS forevermore) that you FIRST research and study the policy of disfellowshipment/ disassociation and the punishment of shunning.

Once you are baptized, you are now contracted by the WTBTS as a dedicated, loyal JW. Things change after that. Policies that didn't apply to you before, will so now.

So I recommend you google and educate yourself. If you need help, please ask.

sKally

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm pretty sure your uncle would not want you to be here, thats okay as long as you are aware of it. You sound like a nice girl, and you remind me of myself at your age. I got baptised when I was 13. If you do choose to stop posting and reading on this forum and go ahead and get baptised.. try to remember all the people here you have met so far, and realize that they are here to listen if you ever need to talk.

GBL

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

I have a feeling uncle will warn her to stay away from this site. But I am saying a little prayer that she comes back

anyway ... there are so many wonderful people to learn from. She'd learn so much more by spending time here.

Hopefully,

AuntieJane

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Amionne,

A big welcome to you! You are always welcome to talk to us. It is so hard when the congregation splits. Same happned in ours when I was 12. I was so sad my friends were all on the other side. But remember, you can be friends with teens in other congregations. Also, it helps to talk to other kids at school and such that are your age. It will be hard to fit in with the older teens. If you have a hard time, don't worry, it's not because you're a bad person, it's just the age difference. It really helped me when I started making friends with people in other congregations. Don't isolate yourself. I think chatting online helps too.

I got baptized when I was 13, and I was really stressed out at the time. Anyway, just know that even though you feel like "breaking down and crying" at times, things will get better. Keep associating with all types of people, keep an open mind. I know you are trying to do the right thing, sometimes it's hard to know what that is! You can send me a message anytime.

The good girl

• 9thWonder
    9thWonder

If you come back to this site, be sure to take a look at this link (http://www.carm.org/jw/history.htm) and do some research on the people and facts mentioned there. You should at least be informed of the background and history of the religion. In fact, I think that it should not be something that you need to research...ask someone in your congregation about who started the religion and how and what the beliefs were when it started vs. the beliefs today. Ask. Ask. Ask.

Let your decision be one made with you mind along with your heart. Wish you the best!

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    I enjoy being 'in the truth' and doing what Jehovah asks

Hi Amionne,

Always remember that "truth" is constant, and never changes.

Cheers!

• Legolas
    Legolas
    If jesus was 30 when he was babtized,and jw's follow jesus example,then why would anyone encourage someone of your age to make a life long desicion like that.

Oh my gosh!! I never thought of that before!!!!! Great point!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Oh I for got to say Welcome to the board!! So WELCOME!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit