Schoolgirl upset over her photo - parents want yearbbook recalled!

by LongHairGal 4 Replies latest social current

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

There is a headline about a schoolgirl crying because her school published an unflattering picture of her in the yearbook. The parents want all the yearbooks recalled and a new one published with a new picture, etc.

This story reminded me of when I was in high school many moons ago.

When we had our pictures taken for the yearbook my proofs were absolutely awful, except for one. Because my father was a cheapskate and didn't want to buy any of the studio's photos I was terrified they would publish one of the ugly ones so I very wisely destroyed the ugly proofs. When we had to turn the proofs in they wanted all the proofs. I told them my mother tore up the other ones. They had no choice but to publish the one good one.

When the yearbooks came out it was discovered that all the ones who didn't buy any of their photos had the WORST picture of themselves printed for posterity in the yearbook. So I was wise to do what I did.

I am sure I pissed them off good.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

The possibility exists that this girl is just butt-ugly. Has anyone in our PC world ever thought about that?

~Hill (will sue for every picture ever taken of him, ever, class)

• Will Power
    Will Power

I haated my gr 9 yearbook pic so much that I never went to school on picture day again.
    Could never afford to get the YB either.
    Turned out they used the same ugly photo every year.
    bleh

will

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

LOL@ Hillbilly,

That is so true, I was on the year book photo committee in High School. I took photos of the foot ball games, rallies etc.

I was very nice to everyone, because I wanted to be popular, but some photos no matter what I did for some of the girls...well they were never happy and blamed me on bad photography skills.

I haven't thought of that in quite a while, maybe my memories are coming back as a dub child...

( runs to therapy...)

• rebel8
    rebel8

Once my school pic came back and it was obvious the negative was damaged. The pic looked ok except that my face had a giant deformity, which I do not have in real life. I called the place to demand they retake it, but they wouldn't believe me. I said I will bring them in with my real face and they can see I don't have any facial deformity. The photog laughed when he saw them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit