Dr Who

by PaulJ 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Its the last episode of this series on saturday. I think the new version is great. Shame Christopher Ecclestone is quitting- he's a great actor. Anyone else been watcing (and enjoying) it? Or do you just think it hasnt been the same since Tom Baker left??

• blondie
    blondie

I think Tom Baker was the best but I wish I could see any of the ones previously.

A few episodes were shown by the local PBS station but nothing for some time. Nothing on Sci-FI channel either.

I wish I could see the new one.

Do I have to get satellite TV to see it?

Blondie

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I've been watching except when I was in Canada. I really like them - although I think they are a bit scary. I wasn't allowed to watch it when I was a child as the "Garlicks" - as my step daughter refers to them - were like the Knightrider Car and obviously possessed by demons!

• City Fan
    City Fan

Always has been my favourite programme. I think the new series has been great.

Now I sit down on a Saturday night with my 5 year old daughter who loves it. She spends half the time watching from behind the sofa. It's great to see a SiFi programme where the monsters aren't just humans with wrinkly foreheads, large eyebrows or pointy ears.

• Angharad
    Angharad

We have been watching it with our kids - they love it. The one last week was the best yet. Dylan has been asking every day this week "how many days until Dr Who is on again"? He is so excited about the Daleks but I think he is going to be upset that the Dr is going to be killed, so we have been telling them about how he regenerates but I don't think he has quite got that yet.

One day to go !!!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I understand that Christopher Ecclestone is quitting after 1 series. The next doctor is that quirky chap that was on 'Casanova' on BBC3.....

I got a shiver when we got to see the Darleks in this series..... Just the music brings it back to me... i get those jittery feelings like i was about to watch summat scary on the telly as a kid.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I think the new series is VERY WELL DONE, we get it about a week behind in Canada, anyone with satellite, it plays on CBC at 8:00 p.m Tuesdays,

I would like to point out, that Christopher Eccleston did not quit, before the series was redone, he was only given a one year deal, and no one ever offered to renew it. Correct me if i'm wrong.

check out www.tvtome.com/

the best site for finding out about your favorite shows, past and present

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Dang. I haven't seen any of the new series but I loved the old shows I caught on PBS years ago.

Exterminate! Exterminate!

W.

• Gollum
    Gollum

For those of us outside the UK, I have just one word for you:

Bittorrent.

I start searching Sunday evenings Pacific time and Monday morning I have the latest one on my laptop. God Bless deviant technology.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I was quite suprised at how good it was, makes me glad we have the CBC around to carry it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit