Explaining BORG belief about the UN

by Panda 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Panda
    Panda

Have you ever tried to explain about the United Nations place in Revelation as the Beast? I was explaining to a frind who had read that fundementalist christians hate the UN. Well I made an attempt and she said "Say, What?" I've had to explain this as a dub to get people to believe the WTS point. But now here was a person wanting shere all of this stuff comes from ... how you explain?

• M.J.
    M.J.

Say you're a member of the John Birch Society

http://www.getusout.org/un/index.html

• blondie
    blondie
    Have you ever tried to explain about the United Nations place in Revelation as the Beast?

What do you think it's place is according to the WTS?

Which beast?

What is the League of Nations in relation to the United Nations?

What old time doctrine about the UN/League changed in the last few years regarding standing in a holy place?

What is the scarlet-colored beast's role in destroyed Babylon the Great (or all religion except the WTS)?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Heard talk from Service Department recently about the rumors that the UN will purchase property from the WTS in Brooklyn. They actually quoted Matthew 24:15 in jest:

("Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,)"

More information on the UN in Brooklyn: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N1092794.htm

• Panda
    Panda

Thanks everyone... some really good ideas to start from. I still have the problem of explaining why fundies believe this stuff... see my friend is an athiest like me and she has never had any religious indoctrination. So the Bible and specifically Revalation is way out there .... So I have tried to explain the scriptures folks (esp JWs) use to prove the UN as beast. Again thanks.

• jula71
    jula71

Well, the Wild Beast is the total of the world governments all of them and the UN was the “image” of the wild beast. It has the appearance of the wild beast but it’s supposed to be different and it’s own entity. But, that’s where it gets all screwy. I don’t believe the original Wild Beast is mentioned again. But the UN is the image of the wild beast to which the original wild beast “breathed life into,” as mentioned in Rev 13:15. That’s the WT interpretation. I’m sure it can be interpreted a million ways, which is why I’ve lost faith in the bible. You would think a god that wants all to live would have made his path a bit clearer.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Here's an article about the Millenialist view of the UN before Rutherford claimed divine revelation about it.: The UN, was the WTS given special knowledge?

• peacefulpete
  • Panda
    Panda

Thank you thank youthank you... Ya know this is really tough to explain to someone who just keeps saying "well I don't see it" and you know what I don't see it anymore either. So I just show her the verses and say well "some people believe this ..." I mean what else can I say?

• tmo1965
    tmo1965

He did make it simple:

John 14:6

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Stop making it so complicated. No one understands it all, but God made it crystal clear that Jesus is the way to salvation. All we have to do is to accept it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit