bad people!!!

by susu812 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

Learn to be more assertive, which is not the same thing as being aggressive. I have had to do that, and it isn't easy, but it does let people know where your boundaries are.

Tammy

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I know how you feel... I have been more upfront and blunt! I just tell them like it is now. If they say something mean/sly I give it right back!

If they say(sarcastic) "Oh we miss you at the meetings" ...I say "No you don't you just say that because you don't know what else to say."

If they say(sarcastic) " I miss you"...I say No you don't because if you did you would call."

I say it right back now!

I am not a bad person....... I am a Nice Person..with mean things to say!

Brooke

• Sith
    Sith

"Learn to be more assertive, which is not the same thing as being aggressive."

That is exactly right. Sometimes you kick 'em in the nuts, sometimes you don't.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've not found telling lies to be necessary. I'm brutally honest, and people respect my opinion. If I give you a compliment, you can believe it. I don't always give my opinion, but when I do it's what I believe. Being non-confrontational and telling "white lies" does not ever keep the peace, in my opinon. So ladies, don't ask me "Does this dress make me look fat?" lol

• love11
    love11

Maybe you're being nice to the wrong people?

My new life long rule- Be better, kinder, more loving to myself then anyone else on earth. It's not selfish, it's self-love. Until I could truely love myself, selfish people would prey on my kindness. Once I figured that out, I stopped being a people pleaser and trying to be "nice" to everyone. I'm not mean, just cautious and won't let too many people into my space to recieve my love.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

you get people in this world in all walks of life, that just truly don't give a damn about anyone bar for themselves. They are looking out for numero uno. They are insensitive, rude, nasty and everything else. People with these kind of qualities seem to have it all, seem to be the agressive ones the world applaudes (I know that not all go getters/assertive people are like the above) People aren't patient anymore. Being polite, kind, honest and qualities like these are looked down upon as being weak. It's sad. Very sad.

I just hold true to myself and not really worry too much about what people think of me.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    stopped being a people pleaser and trying to be "nice" to everyone. I'm not mean, just cautious and won't let too many people into my space to recieve my love.

Love 11 - I couldn't have put it better myself!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Good people are seen as naive docile do gooders and therefore easy soft targets for criticism and exploitation by the more predatory and grabbing members of human society. Perhaps there is also jealousy for moral superiority.

That's why trying to be good usually backfires it brings the negative out of peolpe.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I think its about being assertive. In the past Ive been really introverted, not shy, but never wanted to make a fuss. Im much more assetive now tho.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

This is so true.

I learned the hard way by going to a vrtually ALL black school in the hood. I don't have a problem with any folks, but apparently they don't like fat rednecks too much.

I had to quit being nice quick. I turned into a terrible person. I put my foot down- hard.

I was a bastard, but I survived with my dignity intact....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit