The EU and WTS prophecy

by dorayakii 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pole
    Pole

dorayakii,

I dont think the Russian Federation would even think of trying to restart the Soviet regime and take back its former satellite states.

Is "Democratic Russia" supposed to be an oxymoron? ;-)

Of course "taking back the former satellite countries" is out of the question, but not mainly because they're members of the EU, but because they're NATO members. This does not make Russian imperialist ambitions dead and buried though. For instance, as I've mentioned earlier, recently thanks to the French and Dutch rejection of the EU constitution and the British rebate crisis, Ukraine seems to have turned to building stronger ties with Russia again. This may be a momentary reaction, but it shows we shouldn't bury Russia yet.

Incidentally, you seem to be missing a very important fact: Most EU members are members of NATO and allies of the US. Also as long as the UK is in the EU, they'd have to get rid of the Anglo-Saxon empire stuff in order to put them in separate camps.

I don't think the WTS will ever get down to rejuvenating to their old King of the South/North crap. They seem to have run out of theologians. Who in the Brooklyn HQ do you think will feel entitled to come up with any "serious prophecy" shedding new light on "the identity of King of the South/North"? I think they've realized the whole prophecy was just one of the many quirks of Freddy F and other old-time WTS theologians.

Cheers,

Pole

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

You are right of course Pole, both NATO and the EU are preventative measures... in fact that's one of the main reasons why the EU was set up in the first place, to create inter-dependance thereby preventing conflict.

Also i'd be very surprised if the WTS did revive the Kings of the North/South thing... Its just that i was always interested in how the Society was able to make such an elaborate prophecy out of such a boring scripture.

Dorayakii (of the 'Ships of Kittim' class)

p.s. I saw this article and thought of you

• Pole
    Pole

dorayakii,

LOL. I love the ad.

Actually the Polish plumber argument is an example of the utter idiocy of some West European political rhetoric. What does it have to to do with the EU constitution in the first place? Last time I read about it there were less than 50 Polish plumbers in France. I'm really sorry for those Frenchies who voted against the constitutional treaty on the grounds of le plombier polonese.

Anyway, VENEZ NOMBREUX! :-)

Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit