Proselytizing for the Borg

by Sith 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

Rebel8,

Sith and I have had a few heated moments in several threads. At the end of the day, however, despite extreme differences in political and personal philosophies, we have one thing in common: outrage at the Watchtower for all that it does to make the lives of millions miserable. And despite his failure to see the world exactly as I do, as well as his willingness to question my political views, I won't disfellowship him.

• Sith
    Sith

Thank you for that, 144001. Although I still reserve the right to disassociate myself from you

• Sith
    Sith

Sorry GF, I overlooked your post.

I understand your point of view. "Normal" people may not be attracted to the WTBTS. Be that as it may, my mother was, when I was 12. I got baptized at 13. I spent the next 22 years of my life as a confused and unhappy DUmB. I raised 4 children in the Lie, and only one, my eldest son, made it back out. Now, maybe my mother was unbalanced or weak-minded or whatever. She made her decision and she stuck with it until the day she died in March. I however, wasn't unbalanced. I was just a kid doing what my mother told me to do. I had no choice...the decision was made for me. And it all started with a woman at our door, offering the Watchtower and Awake. That one placement has affected my mother, my father, my mother's 3 brothers and 4 sisters, my 2 sisters and I, our spouses, our 7 collective children, and who knows how many future grand and great-grandchildren.

Do I blame my mother? The witless witness at my mother's door? The WTBTS, as Evil suggested? Nobody? Everybody? The one thing I know for sure...the woman who placed those magazines is still going strong at 80+ years. She's one of the "annointed".

Like you, I spent many years proselytizing. I didn't personally convert anyone. But I shudder to think of the poisonous seeds that I sowed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit